JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Base Economy Manager has primary responsibility for tracking existing and proposed policies and regulations throughout the Kingdom.
Base Economy Manager (Policy) - Riyadh - Public Sector and Government
Our client is a Saudi Government entity established in 2017, based in Riyadh.
Base Economy Manager (Policy) - Public Sector and Government
• Tracking and studying existing and proposed laws, regulations, and policy instruments internally in the organisation, and throughout the Kingdom of potential relevance to the organisation.
• Contributing to the internal database of all these laws, regulations, and policies, in coordination with the Knowledge Management department.
• Staying apprised of and understanding policies under development by policy officers in the Public Policy Division and Sector Specific Policy Officers based in other Sectors.
• Advising policy officers on laws, regulations, and policy instruments relevant to policies under development
• Participating in regular meetings, brainstorming sessions, and online discussion platforms with other Public Policy and Regulatory team members, and with Sectors and Division heads
• Participating in training programs and conferences focused on policy innovation
• Contribute to the sector's short-and long term strategy from the Department's perspective in line with overall vision and mission of organization.
• Develop the Department's strategy, objectives, KPIs annual operational plans and ensure plan execution is meeting the targets.
• Prepare and submit the Department's annual budget for approval taking all planned activities and necessary investments into consideration by monitoring the financial performance.
• Oversee the development, maintenance, implementation and adherence of the department policies and procedures as well as the overall performance of the department and ensure KPI's are well developed, cascaded, communicated and monitored.
• Ensure effective staffing, professional development and deployment of staff of the sector in consultation with the Sector Executive.
• Direct the Department's connection to its customers, whether internal or external, to ensure customer needs are met effectively.
• Attractive career opportunity with competitive salary & benefits package for the successful candidate.
Base Economy Manager (Policy)
Our client is looking for an individual with 10+ years' of relevant experience, ideally with with 5+ years in a managerial role.
• Excellent communicator in English & Arabic
• Experience in the region, ideally within KSA
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Broad based knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.