JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• The Bid Manager is responsible to their line manager for defining, planning, managing and delivering the Bid to meet both customer and business requirements. The Job Holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of bidding Activities.
• Ensure that all aspects of the project are fully defined to ensure customer requirements are achieved in accordance with all business and commercial criteria, as well as company policies and procedures. In doing so, the BM will develop and maintain IEPs and budgets which will deliver to business needs, ensuring that Bidding costs are consistent with overall programme, and that specific deadlines and Risks are agreed and communicated to all parties involved.
• Manage, control and monitor the Tenders so that it is delivered to agreed time, cost , regularly review and report on progress against plan and, where necessary, intervene to resolve issues that threaten delivery to plan. To achieve this, it will be necessary to ensure that the project adheres to all policies and procedures and that they are carried out in such a way as to minimize risk and maximize opportunities.
• Ensure that the project achieves all its objectives, especially assigned relationships with major suppliers, to ensure that all RFPs are delivered and issues are effectively addressed. To undertake this role, the BM will need to ensure the project team possesses the required resources and capabilities to effectively deliver, all documents and drawings in line with all client requirements and that contractors have what they need to Bid.
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of the Bid(s) are fully defined against customer requirements; and are undertaken in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and commercial best practice of the business.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of all necessary project plans, budgets and schedules consistent with programme needs; and deliver against those plans, budgets and schedules per specified cost, schedule and quality parameters to meet customer requirements.
• Responsible for communication with the customer and other key stakeholders; report on progress against plans; and resolve issues that threaten delivery of required outcomes. This includes monthly updates to the Project Reporting System (PRS) and reporting to Contract Status Reviews (CSR).
• Responsible for identifying risk and opportunities in the project(s); and to minimize and/or mitigate the risks and exploit and maximize opportunities in order to ensure delivery of required outcomes. This requires the preparation of a project risk and opportunity management plan, including a risk register and the use of PREDICT!
• Manage relationships and the performance with the suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure all contractual obligations are met; and to ensure delivery of required outcomes.
• Hold delegated governance from the project management authority, ensuring compliance with the client’s Quality Management System and the Project Management Functional Governance Manual.
• Conduct Life Cycle Management (LCM) methodology on the project in compliance with the Client’s Operational Framework. This includes the conduct of phase, design and contract reviews.
• Conduct post-project appraisals to capture and disseminate ‘lessons learnt’.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Risk Management process.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Must be an Engineer with a Construction background.
• A Degree in Project Management or a related discipline.
• Saudi Council of Engineering membership or ability to obtain.
• Minimum of 8 years strong technical delivery experience, ideally in KSA.
• APMP Qualification or equivalent is a must.
• Substantial project management experience in a relevant environment.
• Understanding the LCM processes.
• Track record of managing a number of major, complex and sensitive projects successfully.
• Expert level planning and scheduling skills, ensuring the complex activities of interrelated project teams are controlled, managed and linked into the overall business plan.
• Expert leadership, delegation and team building skills for the effective people management of large and complex programmes.
• High-level problem-solving and financial control skills.
• Substantial understanding of commercial, financial and project leadership.
• Expert in project review and control, including the use of EVM techniques.
• Proficiency with tools/systems.
• To successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner.
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB.
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service, communication, and client/external interface skills.
• An ability of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.