JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Main responsibility is overseeing and coordinating of Bunker Delivery Operations, coordination / liaising with Port Authorities, Customs, Bunker Customers and other agencies for smooth operation of bunker sales.
Our client is a confidential organization within the logistics and supply chain sector with the vision of becoming a leader across the market and industry.
* Coordinating with the supply vessel / Vessel Agents for shipping operations related to the delivery of Marine Fuels including performance monitoring and demurrage claims.
* Candidate will be responsible for the bunker delivery operations of the company which is a 24/7 job.
* Candidate will have to handle all operational support services and work closely with the marine bunker sales team.
* Ensure all documentation is carried out and maintain proper documentation system of all bunker related activity.
* Manage supplier relationships (with oil majors/minor, traders and brokers)
* Negotiate and execute all bunker purchasing contracts with suppliers
* Ensure timely and efficient delivery of fuels for the global fleet
* Develop a strategic approach to group bunker purchases
* Evaluating future vessel itineraries creating operational efficiencies
* Ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures
* Enforce compliance ensuring suitable bunkers are available and that fuel procurement is compliant with relevant regulatory requirements
* Managing legal and operational risk and claims acting as point of contact with suppliers
* Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on market trends
* Manage bunker quality and validation processes
* Should work well under pressure and be able to face and overcome unexpected obstacles.
* All other duties and responsibilities related to this are as per management instruction.
* Attractive salary package and benefit structure
* Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing team and organization
* Applicant should have a minimum of a bachelor degree /certificate level qualification in shipping or related to shipping, from a reputed & recognized institute.
* Experience within the bunker supply chain.
* Applicant should have a shipping background having worked in bunkering, shipping agency or any other shipping related organization preferably in the operations.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.