JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of contemporary hotels designed with the quality and care of Swiss hospitality. We are Swiss at heart and global by nature. We offer guests the quality of life, vitality and peace of mind they need to explore the world and discover life's true rewards "a passion for perfection". We put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Every memorable dining experience at Swissotel Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Chef de Partie - Cold Kitchen will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Swissôtel Al Maqam Makkah Description :
Swissôtel Al Maqam is Swissôtel's Second hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture. As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Al Maqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Chef De Partie - Cold Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Be fully aware of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Prepare and service of hot and cold dishes, responsibility for the section, carrying out ordering and stock rotation where necessary.
- Carry out close liaison with all sections of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service.
- Perform duties of Senior Chef de Partie in his/her absence.
- Lead and support the junior members of the team.
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all the times.
- Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Review the daily production sheets with Senior Chef de Partie or Sous Chef when the first is not present.
- Prepare and when required delegate the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Actively participate in training of culinary skills to junior team members.
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met.
- Keep work station clean and organized including, but not limited to, fridges, freezers, counter tops and stove tops.
- Ensure that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard.
- Keep over-production and food waste to minimum, ensure proper rotation, labelling and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct them with safety in mind at all the times.
- Ensure that all the food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government food safety guidelines.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Senior Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in a timely fashion.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environment policies and programs as required.
- Make sure to log all information in the kitchen log book.
- Briefing with team on new happenings and follow up.
- Monitor delivery and delegate to arrange accordingly.
- Follow cleaning schedules.
- Always do the line check.
- Run the section with great confidence and with great sense of urgency.
- Be able to distribute tasks to junior team members.
- Strong communication and liaison with all the chefs of different levels of the kitchen.
- Key relationship with the Sous Chefs and Senior Chef de Partie.
- Stock rotation.
- Vegetables, dried goods and other food related items to be stored properly.
- Be aware and apply the principle of HACCP program.
- Work related trainings to be given to junior team members if necessary.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
- Previous experience in the culinary field required.
- Diploma certification in a culinary discipline preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inChef Jobs in Dubai
Chef Jobs in Riyadh
Chef Jobs in Jeddah