JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Coordinates with principal engineers to ensure correct implementation of the project design to be directed to the lead engineers.
Provides expert advice on mechanical engineering design, process and other methods.
Our client is a lading oil & gas engineering firm working with host of clients in Saudi Arabia
* Reviews mechanical engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and materials and equipment specifications.
* Resolves speciality related mechanical engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
* Establishes scope of work for each project or proposal.
* Schedules and expedites work of department.
* Develops organizational procedures, methods and controls.
* Ensures quality and safety standards and procedures are followed.
* Ensures work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards, and procedures.
* Ensures technical integrity of discipline deliverables produced on the project.
* Coordinates activities with other departments and clients.
* Determines the need for investigation and research.
* Participates in the development of long-range plans.
* Establishes project objectives and priorities
* Makes staffing decisions and provides employees with training and development opportunities.
* Proposes and managing department budget and participating in development of unit budget.
* Accountable for quality of work of subordinates, including those who supervise others.
* Accountable for unit deliverables.
* Makes recommendations concerning salary adjustments and performance evaluations.
* Approves timesheets.
Opportunity to work on large scale projects with major companies in Oil & Gas industry across the ME
* BS in Engineering and registered as a professional engineer with significant experience of 25 years.
* Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as specialist in mechanical engineering field on large to mega projects.
* Must have thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and economic principles, calculation protection methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.