JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Technology Consulting team is shaping the Digital and IT market in the GCC. Working with Public and private sector clients to help them improve overall value delivered to their customers and employees by formulating digital strategies and help them in the implementation. We are helping clients unlock the potential of digital by increasing their customer engagement, providing their employees with powerful tools, and helping them optimize and digitize their operations.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking consultants who have a passion for shaping cyber security positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and player significant and rewarding roles in an entrepreneurial and innovation driven environment.
- Work under the supervision of cloud and datacenter Senior Managers and leadership within the Technology Consulting practice.
- Assess and design end to end cloud programs including the development of strategy, architecture, processes, governance, solutions, budget and roadmap based on leading practices.
- Develop RFPs, evaluate different technologies and conduct vendor evaluation and selection.
- Supervise the implementation of cloud solutions at client premises and be able to work closely with cloud vendors and system integrators.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and writing) with both IT personnel, executives and user communities.
- Coordinate, facilitate and make presentations.
- Support in business development activities by developing technical and financial proposals and being proactive in selling.
- Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client engagements and internal initiatives as well as with international teams.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies and disseminate knowledge to Technology consultants and clients where required.
- Assist in developing new service offering for the Technology business unit in the domains of cloud computing.
- Whilst working in the Technology team you will further build on your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
- Work collaboratively with other Technology experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Years of experience: 4 years of greater experience in cloud computing, previous experience in either a software development or datacenter architecture type role.
- Education: B.A/ B.Sc. in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience in banking, telco and/or government sectors is a plus.
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Advanced Certification in cloud architecture (e.g., Azure Solution Architect Expert, AWS Solution Architect Professional or Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect) is required.
- Certification in cloud DevOps (e.g., Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer Expert, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional or Google Certified Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer) is required.
- Certification in cloud security (e.g., CCSK or CCSP) is a plus
- Certification in cyber security (e.g., CISSP, CISM, SANS) is a plus.
- ONLY candidates with previous Big 4 experience with the above mentioned certifications will be considered.
- Must have previous migration experience of complex environments that include more than 500 vms. Experience of refactoring in house developed applications is desirable.
- Strong understanding of emerging cloud technologies and standards.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure, networking, security best practices, automation technologies and DevOps operating models
- Experienced in working in a SCRUM/Agile approach developing cloud native applications
- Achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a structured thinking process.
- Strong connections and relationships with clients in Saudi Arabia and the UAE is a plus.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and carry out technical research.
- Proven IT skills in Microsoft Office and G-suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English (Arabic is a plus).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East is a MUST.
Up to 40%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.