JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Contracts Administrator is a core member of the Contracts Section. He supports Senior Contracts Specialists with the preparation, review and administration of supervision contracts throughout the supervision project lifecycle, starting from proposal development to supervision project delivery and project hand-over. He supports the provision of expert contractual advice and support to supervision teams on site, including addressing contractual matters and resolving disputes, as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost-effective manner
- Provide expert contractual advice related to supervision contracts to supervision project teams, as needed
- Support Senior Contracts Specialist/ Contract Manager with the provision of contractual advice to Supervision Project Managers and supervision teams in settlement of claims, variation orders and disputes between contractors and clients
- Support contract manager with conducting detailed reviews of supervision contracts
- Closely work with Senior Contracts Specialists/ Contract Manager for the preparation/ review of contract terms and conditions, ensuring the safeguarding of Company interests
- Monitor and administer all ongoing supervision projects from a contractual aspect
- Support Senior Contracts Specialists/Contract Manger with the assessment of contractual implication of supervision project scope changes, including suitability of claims, variation orders.
- Support supervision teams with the settlement of large claims, variation orders and disputes between Company and clients related to supervision contracts in [Geography]
- Support supervision teams with the management of contractor claims, variation orders and contractual disputes on behalf of clients
- Closely work with Senior Contracts Specialists/Contract Manager for the analysis of Company's risk exposure on supervision contracts
- Implement risk management policies and procedures in the Contracts Section
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain an archive of contracts developed by Client
- Attend periodic training to develop relevant skills in contract administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Experience in the Engineering Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm, specifically in a contracts administration role
- Familiarity with local laws regulating the engineering / construction sectors in KSA
- Knowledge of risk management strategies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Experience with standard conditions of contract, including such conditions as those developed by the FIDIC, AIA, EJCDC, ICE, etc. ï‚§ Exposure to negotiating, writing, and interpreting terms, conditions, and requirements of contractual agreements
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the Engineering Industry, in particular related to contracts
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).