JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Contracts/Commercial Director who should have at least 15-20 years of experience within commercial and contract management and oversight of mega construction programs specifically within the Middle East and in a contracting environment
• Work with the projects planners on the projects baseline schedules
• Review and provide feedback/comments on the weekly/monthly updates of the projects schedules and the weekly 4 weeks look-ahead schedules
• Analyse delays, identify root-causes and propose solutions
• Verify/approve the claimed quantities in monthly invoices to Clients (aided by Projects QS)
• Verify/approve the claimed quantities in the change orders (aided by Projects QS)
• Verify the Project Cost Control Report (cost coding, trends, budget allocations, etc.)
• Manage partly the Projects Quantity Surveyors and overlook their deliverables
• Review and upgrade all subcontractors existing contracts
• Raise alerts whenever a bypass of the budget is foreseen and propose solutions
• Raise alerts whenever delays are foreseen and propose solutions
• Validate the subcontractors interim/final payments from contractual/commercial perspective (Subcontractor compliance of payment rules as per the Contract, retentions, back-charges, fees, taxes, etc.)
• Review the subcontractors Procurement policy and conformity to their contracts
SAR 50,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Benefits
• BSc degree (preferably and MSc. Degree) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or any other relevant field.
• Minimum 20 years of construction experience, with planning/contracts background, with at least 5 of them in a similar post, with 10 of them in GCC and at least the last 5 in KSA
• English and Arabic is a must
• A well-developed verbal and written communication skill, since a construction contract manager is required to work with a wide range of different people such as subcontractors, contractors, lawyers, and suppliers
• Technical understanding of construction, since must possess knowledge of building codes, trade sequencing, and best construction practices
• Excellent problem-solving skills, as he will be required to deal with complex and detailed projects
• A strong sense of judgment which will enable a construction contract manager to make major decisions for construction projects and also understand the implications of his or her choices.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SAS Global Consultants, a specialist executive Engineering, Supply Chain & Procurement Recruitment Consultancy with over 25 years combined experience in recruiting for the UK, Europe, MENA, Asia Pacific & North America markets. We are a privately-owned company freeing us from some of the politics & pressures that surround many of our rivals and have a strong emphasis on client relationships and candidate satisfaction. We have worked with small local contractors with relatively small turnovers up to leading multidiscipline & fortune 100 organizations with turnovers exceeding £25 billion and are more than aware of the need to tailor our service to fit each company’s requirements.