JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
• Join Addleshaw Goddard's new team based in Riyadh as part of the firm's client led expansion into KSA and be part the team delivering premium work across corporate law.
• Develop your career with well-known industry specialists on an international platform, learning from Partners on an individual basis whilst also benefiting from our firm-wide Associate development and learning programs.
• Addleshaw Goddard's Middle East practice has grown significantly in recent years and KSA, as the biggest economy in the region, is a key part of the firm's plans for the future. As part of our committed investment in the region, we are seeking to appoint a motivated, dedicated, and high-quality Corporate Associate to our team.
• Addleshaw Goddard is a leading international law firm which has established itself as a pre-eminent law firm in the region over the past 10 years.
• AG Riyadh is our 4th office in the MENA Region, and 17th overall. The practice offers expertise in corporate, banking and finance and infrastructure assignments and has broad sector expertise in energy, oil and gas, renewables, infrastructure, transport, technology, hospitality, manufacturing and consumer goods which aligns closely with KSA Vision 2030.
• You will be part of a full office of Partners, Associates, Trainees and Support staff, with a culture which celebrates and encourages teamwork, collaboration, imagination, and impact.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE
As a qualified Corporate Associate, you will join our cross-border MENA Corporate Practice, with a strong focus on Saudi Arabia and UAE, and you can expect to be involved in the following;
• Core corporate, to include M&A ((buy-side, sell-side and auction processes) Joint Ventures, IPOs and commercial contracts.
• You will have the opportunity to be involved in competition and anti-trust matters.
• Corporate Advisory and regulatory compliance.
• Advising a wide range of clients, including in the fields of general industrial, healthcare & pharma, transport & aviation, energy & utilities, and TMT, as well as government, corporate and private equity clients.
YOUR AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
• You are a qualified lawyer with some experience in handling corporate matters, ideally in Saudi Arabia.
• You want to have an identity in a market-leading firm with credibility and gravitas, and international collaboration.
• You enjoy being client-facing and have enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work, are ambitious and confident to deliver at the highest standard.
• Have a commercial flair and acumen and are excited by growth and new ideas.
• Are details focussed, self-motivated and proactive, and confident in building enduring relationships with clients that are based on trust and high-quality service delivery.
• You enjoy and are motivated by working closely with others within a team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Welcome to international law firm Addleshaw Goddard. Each year, over 3000 major businesses, including 48 FTSE 100 companies, trust us to deliver. They appoint us time and again, in over 100 countries. And while the challenges they bring us vary, we solve them with the same, single-minded focus: finding the smartest way to achieve the biggest impact.
In the Middle East, we operate as one practice across the region from our four offices in Dubai, Muscat, Doha and Riyadh. Our teams possess international expertise gained by working on complex and ground-breaking multi-jurisdictional transactions combined with deep-rooted local law experience.
OUR APPROACH: BEST PLACE TO WORK
Addleshaw Goddard is a place where you are valued, encouraged, and challenged to fulfil your potential in a supportive and collegiate environment. Our culture of improvement, growth and collaboration delivers results, drives innovation, and rewards ambition.
We not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them and as such we are natural choice for FTSE100 clients and their equivalents in other markets.
Our success has been built by people from the widest range of backgrounds, locations, and perspectives. Are you up for the challenge?
We are dedicated to bringing quality, imagination and positive impact to our client projects and relationships; to our people; and to the communities we serve and work in.
When we talk about imagination, we mean finding smart ways to deliver impact for clients, colleagues and communities. We are committed to inclusivity in all its forms and are dedicated to helping everyone fulfil their potential.
We are committed to having a diverse team and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities. We have a number of inclusion initiatives and employee networks that provide space to discuss the differences that make us who we are and the ways in which we can celebrate this at Addleshaw Goddard.