JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Cost Engineer to join our Global Manufacturing Admin Area.
GM is responsible for the planning and execution of Downstream projects across Global Manufacturing facilities. GM (RRD/PTISSD/GMSD) will oversee Global Manufacturing level Project Portfolio by ensuring quality and enhancing efficiency of capital projects through effective planning and execution whereas each Facility Department (FD) has its own Project Unit (PU) to participate in capital functions.
Your primary role will be to provide overall technical support in all cost related matters, acting as a subject matter expert, and coordinate cost engineering activities as a leader or as a member of a project management team when required.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Provide all cost engineering expertise and coordinate activities as group/unit leader as required.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of all projects associated capital expenditures and spending.
- Review and analyze claims and change orders and assist in preparation of cost portion of engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Assist with the preparation of cost portion of the engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
- Review multi-discipline conceptual, detailed and definitive cost estimates for Saudi Aramco capital projects to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with the scope of work.
- Review and/or verify Material Take-off (MTO's) against engineering documents or packages for estimates prepared by engineering contractors.
- Assist project management team in the negotiation of project contract as required.
- Initiate appropriate action when total forecast indicates allocated funds will be exceeded.
- Interface with multiple operating facilities to review and discuss project scope and estimate basis, including visits to area of construction.
- Demonstrate experience in the use of cost and estimating tools and the application of market conditions and risk management to estimates.
- Advise of company cost engineering methods & procedures and prepare developmental assignments for lower level cost engineers.
- Keep abreast of significant developments in cost engineering by close review of technical literature, publications, magazines, and attendance of professional and technical meetings.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or Construction Management, Economics, Business Administration, or closely related discipline.
- You should have a minimum of 11 years of cost engineering experience in projects including a minimum of ten (10) years in design, construction or operation of refining or petrochemical facilities .
- You should be able to demonstrate an overall knowledge of computer-estimating programs, such as Aspentech CCE (Capital Cost Estimator), Timberline etc. and shall be familiar with estimate databases such as Means, Richardson and SAP.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), AACE-CCP (American Association of Cost Engineers - Certified Cost Professional) or AACE-CEP (American Association of Cost Engineers - Certified Estimating Professional) certification is preferred.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.