JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To set-up a systematic and pro-active system to daily review credit limits of in-house guests and city ledger accounts, ensure timely collection of credit, a continuous and professional approach to collect outstanding debts. To set-up and maintain a network with Credit Managers in other 5 star hotels to obtain credit references.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Investigate customer's credit worthiness by research through various available sources (eg, banks, trade and credit associations etc..) and to recommend credit approval or disapproval to management
- Verify the accuracy of balances of accounts receivable.
- Report unfavorable information this may affect a customer's credit standing to allow timely action.
- Set and continuously review credit limits for both in-house guests and city ledger accounts.
- Analyze trends in accounts receivable balance or significant changes in payment patterns and to recap major collection problems for the General Manager's monthly credit meetings.
- Recommend the writing off of accounts, which are not expected to be collected.
- Witness the General Cashier's counting of monetary receipts remitted by Cashiers.
- Review, evaluate and report those accounts that show up at the "Credit Over List" and report the same to the concerned Division Heads.
- Maintain accounts receivable sub-ledger in a clear and tidy state with all accounts properly reconciled.
- Maintain a complete alphabetical credit file for each account containing all documentation related to the credit research.
- Maintain separate updated alphabetical listing of approved credit account holders and non-approved applications and to circulate these listings to concerned departments.
- Issue credit card cancellation bulletins to Front Office and Food & Beverage outlets.
- Maintain on-going detailed documentation of all collection efforts by accounts for future analysis of a customer's credit worthiness and to serve as support in the event of a bad debt write-off.
- Update in cooperation with the Director of Finance the credit manual and its procedures.
- Understand and observe the credit policies of Mövenpick International and the hotel and to assist in establishing and compiling clear and well defined credit procedures for all positions in a formal credit manual.
- Handle all credit requests on in-house guests.
- Liaise with banks regarding all credit cards related matters.
- Systematically follow-up on collection of outstanding accounts in a manner that will yield the best timely results while maintaining good relations with the customer.
- Follow-up on collection of returned cheque, credit card charge backs, skipper accounts, late charges and guaranteed no-shows.
- Investigate disputed charges and to follow-up on queries raised by city ledger customers.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Mövenpick Standards of Performance and Objectives set in the Hotel's Mission Statement.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks required for the position.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the departments / Divisions of the Hotel as assigned.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To be proficient with all computer software used in the Finance Division Office.
- To courteously handle all in-coming telephone calls or enquiries.
- To ensure that the Place of Work is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To set up an efficient network of communication within the department and with other departments.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing smart attire according to the Hotel's dress codes and nametag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the department and all other departments.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel Training scheduled, and other related activities.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Chief Accountant and Assistant Director of Finance.
- To respond to any changes in the Accounting & Finance function as dictated by the hotel or MH&R.
- Have a complete understanding of the credit section in the operations manual, policies and procedures.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Be discreet in all business dealings and adhere strictly to the confidentiality requirements of Mövenpick and report any issues to the Assistant Director of Finance.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as dictated by unexpected Business levels.
Core behaviours are our actions: what we say, what we do, and how we interact with one another. Our behaviours come from what we believe in, what we value. At Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, we call these value-based behaviours. The following statements provide indicators of the types of behaviours we expect employees in our company to display.
Trust: Operates with fairness and integrity, fostering an environment of transparency and sincerity through open and honest communication and by honouring commitments.
Relationships: We build and maintain strong connections with colleagues and guests, valuing diversity in people and perspectives whilst overcoming potential obstacles to increase cooperation and collaboration.
Drive: We are action-oriented, setting direction for self and others, clarifying goals and objectives and overcoming barriers and challenges to produce results.
Entrepreneurship: We fully understand the business and market context, identifying and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement and supporting change.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inOperations Manager Jobs in Riyadh
Senior Relationship Manager Jobs in Riyadh
Business Development Manager Jobs in Riyadh