JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A Customer Success Manager Architect (CSM) career in IBM means a career where you're helping clients fully realise the value of their existing IBM products, whilst growing their adoption of next-generation technologies from across IBM's wider portfolio. It means being a trusted strategic advisor to some of the world's most transformational enterprises and culturally influential brands, as they rely on your expertise and our technology to solve some of their hardest problems.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators - always willing to help and be helped - as you apply passion to work that will have a positive impact to the world around us.
Your Role and Responsibilities
A Customer Success Manager opportunity in IBM might be different to what you're used to. In addition to the people and commercial skills often associated with this position, an IBM CSM is also an Architect. Someone with a deep understanding of technical complexities. A person who can quickly understand clients' hard-to-understand technology issue and communicate them back in an easy-to-understand way.
With deep roots in a hands-on technological background, and through different communication techniques, you'll be able to showcase IBM solutions. Using excellent communication, you'll articulate their compatibilities with a client's stack via use-case identification, solution architecture design, and MVP builds.
With technical expertise and a consultative style, you'll quickly build credibility as a trusted advisor at all levels. To drive expansion and renewal growth, you'll guide IT executives through the changes needed to realise the full value of expanding their adoption of IBM's products.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this role may include, but not be limited to...
- Understanding clients' main challenges, and becoming a trusted technical expert for their migration, deployment, and adoption of Hybrid Cloud and AI Growth offerings.
- Facilitating use case exploration and business framing workshops, and creating client value realization models.
- Leading technical conversations that persuade clients to act based on requirements and value provided by IBM's solutions.
- Creating post-deployment customer success plans, that continually increase post-launch, active user adoption of IBM's products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A provable track record of being the technical expert (e.g., Engineer or equivalent) in complex, successfully closed Technology sales cycles.
- A previous background of hands-on practical application within either Cloud, Data and AI, Automation, Integration or Security to quickly build credible trust with client stakeholders.
- Solid experience of using agile best practices to successfully deliver in a way that's both nimble and fast.
- Demonstrable success of communication and personal relationship development at all levels - from engineers to CIOs.
- Can demonstrate a natural bias towards self-motivation and initiative in addition to navigating data and people to find answers and present solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with a broad spectrum of technology solutions - Cloud, Data & AI etc. (training in IBM's products will be provided).
- Experience working in sales of software, SaaS / IaaS / PaaS and/or Cloud .
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.