JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
One of the best-known Swiss brands in the world, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers contemporary hotels infused with the freshness and vitality of alpine energy, rooted in the tradition of Swiss hospitality. Respected for its intelligent design, quality craftsmanship and mindful approach to sustainability, Swissôtel gives its guests peace of mind to explore the world, discover life's true rewards and embrace opportunities to 'live it well'. The Swissôtel brand was founded in 1980 and today numbers more than 30 hotels globally including flagship properties such as Swissôtel The Bosphorus in Istanbul, Swissôtel The Stamford in Singapore and Swissôtel Krasnye Holmy in Moscow. Swissôtel is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,500 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
In this role you will be assisting Sous Chefs and Head Chef with an array of different task in the kitchen.
- Supports Sous Chef and Head Chef in the daily operation and work.
- Work according to the menu specifications by Sous Chef and Head Chef.
- Prepare the daily mise-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Assist in ensuring high level of cleanliness within the kitchen and makes sure that it is kept in a hygienic and organized manner, fit for food production.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes, and preparation techniques.
- Carries out any other reasonable and lawful request directed by the Management.
- Represents the Company in a positive and professional manner.
- Adheres to the Company's Rules, Regulations, Procedures and Policies always.
Health & Safety:
- Take all reasonable measures not to handle food or food contact surfaces in any way that is likely to compromise the safety and suitability of the food.
- Ensure compliance with local legislations and statutory Health, Safety & Security codes of practice.
- Ensures a healthy, safe working environment. Maintain high standards of personal hygiene of staff (hairs, hands, shoes, uniform etc.)
- To maintain and always ensure confidentiality.
- To comply with instructions given by Managers & Supervisors pertaining to all Health, Safety & Security standards, policies, and procedures
- To follow the Health, Safety & Security trainings received and appropriately use the personal protective equipment provided to carry out duties in a safe manner
- Ensure that staff wear the mandatory personal protective equipment and are adequately trained to carry out safe work practices and are fully aware of emergency and evacuation procedures.
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Diploma Certification in Culinary
- Minimum 2 years in four- or five-star Hotel chains
- Good Culinary & strong problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Can work under pressure or meet deadlines
- Can work cohesively as part of a team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.