JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for all functions of the Sales/Marketing department in accordance with resort & company standards, ensuring adequate and efficient presentation, in targeted markets and the best profit by exceeding targeted market shares, rooms nights and related revenues. The assets currently comprise of two hyper luxury resorts totaling 80keys.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and adjust the S&M Manual and to ensure proper adherence to the policies throughout the division as well as from other concerned departments.
• Consolidate a S&M plan and translate it in clear actions for the team, follow up with results and make corrective actions to meet the targeted budgets in different segments.
• Train the team for the desired sales skills.
• Guide the communication actions for the best return and results.
• Ensure adequate periodic reporting to the Cluster GM/ Asset Manager and Finance.
• Ensure the marketing and research functions are carried out efficiently to allow proper decisions.
• Maintain complete knowledge of the features, services, rates and promotions at the resort.
• Conduct effective communication meetings with all Sales & Marketing Department.
• Resolve conflicts or issues in the department.
• Respond promptly to guest concerns.
• Meet VIP guests and handles key accounts.
• Prepare periodic budgets, forecasts and capital expenditures for the department.
• Analyse room nights trends and reservations projections.
• Maximize occupancy and revenues and ensures high yield management.
• Ensure periodic discussion with the PR and Social Media agencies.
• Plan the yearly events calendar and in conjunction with Revenue.
• Actively participate in the HR related matters of the department, recruitment, appearance, appraisal, training and development, succession plans and disciplinary procedures.
• Recognize employees’ feedback on policies and procedures and any factors affecting their roles and suggests employee friendly policies to improve operations and employee productivity.
• Participate, suggest and encourage activities that are environmentally friendly.
• Maintain the highest standard of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards clients and colleagues.
• Develop strong, productive, professional relationships with internal and external guests.
• Ensure per level stock of collaterals and giveaways.
• Responsible for the continuous development of any direct reports and/or teams (if applicable), through active support and participation in all Human Resources and Learning & Development related initiatives, including but not limited to recruitment, job chats, performance dialogues, learning initiatives, colleague reward and recognition programs.
• Assist in other areas of the resort as and when required, carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Comply with the guidelines and policies established in the Colleague Handbook, Business Code of Conduct and Ethics policy, resort’s regulations on fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the resort’s grooming standards at all times.
• Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with colleagues in the department and all other departments.
• Attend and contribute to meetings, department and resort trainings and other scheduled activities.
• Carry out your role in a safe and environmentally friendly way, protecting the health and safety of both colleagues and guests, as well as contributing to protecting the environment.
• Comply with the resort’s Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety procedures at all times.
• Project at all times a positive attitude
The above is a summary of duties and as a key leader, you will be required to perform outside of those responsibilities with tasks that are relative to your position
• Strong leadership, coaching and motivational skills
• Excellent knowledge of segmentation
• Understands local and international markets, trends and key partners in each
• Hands on experience in reservations, revenues management, marketing and communications.
• Ability to collate, analyse and deliver data verbally and in written form
• In-depth experience of contractual agreements and implications of these
• Creative, innovative and strives for continuous improvement
• Strong administration and organisation skills
• Strong working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss statements
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent public relations/networking skills
• Excellent English language skills.
• Excellent Intercultural skills
• Independent and self-starter.
• Ability to communicate perfectly with external and internal guests & colleagues.
• Calm and well-mannered in difficult/ sensitive situations with external or internal guest.
• High School graduate or equivalent required/bachelor’s in hospitality management
• Minimum of two years’ experience with a five-star hotel/ resort, in similar position.
• Experience in managing a team including senior department heads. Island/ resort experience preferred
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TXM Labour Supply is an international recruitment and manpower company with a valid "on demand" labour licence.
Alongside recruitment we also provide clients with a complete business service, delivering HR, Payroll, Administration and Sponsorship support.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inSales Manager Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Country Manager Jobs in Saudi Arabia
Business Development Manager Jobs in Saudi Arabia