JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As Director of Legal & GRC (Governance, Risk & Compliance) you will be responsible for providing strategic legal advice and oversight on all legal matters, as well as developing and implementing robust governance, risk management, and compliance frameworks. Previous experience in the Real Estate, Hospitality, or Construction sectors is strongly preferred.
Newly established semi-government entity that will operate in the Real Estate and Hospitality sector.
1. Legal Advisory:
* Provide expert legal counsel and guidance on a wide range of legal issues to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
* Review and draft legal agreements, contracts, and other legal documents.
* Conduct legal research and analysis to support decision-making and identify potential risks and liabilities.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide legal advice on various business initiatives, projects, and transactions.
* Represent the organisation in legal proceedings and negotiations, if required.
2. Governance, Risk, and Compliance:
* Develop and implement effective governance, risk management, and compliance strategies and frameworks.
* Monitor regulatory developments and assess their impact on the organisation's operations.
* Establish and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Conduct risk assessments, identify potential risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
* Oversee internal audit activities and ensure compliance with audit requirements.
* Provide guidance and training to employees on compliance-related matters.
3. Stakeholder Management:
* Collaborate with senior management and other departments to align legal and GRC strategies with overall organisational goals.
* Liaise with external legal counsel and other relevant stakeholders to obtain specialised legal advice and support.
* Represent the organisation in meetings, negotiations, and interactions with external stakeholders, such as government authorities, regulatory bodies, and industry associations.
4. Team Leadership:
* Lead and manage a team of legal and compliance professionals.
* Set performance objectives, provide guidance and mentorship, and conduct regular performance evaluations.
* Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and professional development.
* Opportunity to establish and lead the Legal & GRC function.
* Competitive, tax-free salary.
* Clear path for growth and progression int he organisation.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in providing legal advice and counsel, as well as expertise in governance, risk management, and compliance.
* Strong knowledge of Saudi Arabian laws and regulations, particularly related to the Real Estate, Hospitality, or Construction sectors.
* Proven track record of successfully managing legal and compliance functions in a complex organisational setting.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and mitigate potential risks.
* Exceptional communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Strong leadership abilities, with experience in managing and motivating a team of legal and compliance professionals.
* Bachelor's degree in Law is required; a Master's degree or higher in a related field is preferred.
* Professional certifications in governance, risk management, or compliance (e.g., GRC, CCEP) are advantageous.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.