JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- The document controller will be responsible for managing and organizing all project documents, including drawings, specifications, reports, and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain an efficient document control system to ensure all documents are properly managed, tracked, and stored.
- Receive, review, and distribute all incoming and outgoing project documents to the relevant team members.
- Ensure all documents are accurately and timely logged into the document control system.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of all project documentation, including revisions and changes.
- Coordinate with project team members to ensure all documents are properly reviewed and approved before distribution.
- Generate and distribute regular reports on document status, including pending, approved, and rejected documents.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation, including transmittals, submittals, and change orders.
- Ensure all project documents are stored and archived in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all project documents.
- Train and support project team members on the document control system and procedures.
- Monitor and track project deadlines to ensure all documents are submitted on time.
- Liaise with external parties, such as clients and subcontractors, to ensure timely exchange of project documents.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a document controller in the construction industry.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in document control software.
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Primavera or Microsoft Project.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in document management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Document Controller or similar role
- Familiarity with project management
- Basic knowledge of labor and corporate law
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Proficient typing and editing skills
- Data organization skills
- Attention to detail
- BSc degree in Project Management or relevant field
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.