JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Detailed Job Description Summary:
The BIM/CAD Operator is in charge of for producing design drawings and developing solutions for technical problems in a 3D digital environment. The Technician must have the ability to create architectural and engineering models and drawings in support of construction. This may include delivery of project drawings from inception to completion in accordance with the time, quality and objectives of the project management team. Best practice is to be applied in relation to all drawing or modeling production processes. The role holder will undertake the day to day drawing requirements of the construction department but may also be required to perform tasks by other departments.
The Client’s goal is to maximize the digital delivery model and whilst the initial requirement will be around the preparation of construction related engineering and architectural design drawings, the Technician will be required to be experienced in Civil 3D software together with AutoCAD and Revit 3D modeling systems so as to be capable of reviewing 3D models and drawings produced by others as they relate to graphical and information Level of Development (LOD)
- Creation of models and drawings in support of Permitting and Construction that are completed in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objectives
- Review of consultant/contractor 3D models and drawings per client CAD and BIM Standards and EPM requirements
- Support the management of the drawing mark-up process including maintaining all previous mark-up and revision history.
- Be proactive in coordinating project drawing requirements between design colleagues, project managers and external consultants
- Provide CAD drafting and Revit modeling services and technical support to the project teams as required
Qualifications/Experience Essential Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post qualification including at least 3 within a BIM environment
- Experience in production of architectural and engineering designs and drawings.
- Experience in drawing office data registers and repositories.
- Experience of working within a 3D digital design environment including a detailed working knowledge of Civil 3D,
- Revit and AutoCAD modelling software.
- Be familiar with developing designs in project models using appropriate families, systems, etc.
- Have experience in the validation of as-built information against Client Requirements.
- Knowledge of using the BIM 360 Collaboration solution is a plus
- Requirement to be motivated, driven, enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Have a track record in excellent employment performance.
- Be motivated, driven, enthusiastic, hard-working
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills within a multi-disciplinary team
Essential Behavioral Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Willingness to relocate to the job site in Saudi Arabia.
- Proactive, supportive, questioning, challenging and result driven.
- Hard working and motivated with high self-initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities and work with ambiguity.
- Help others and receive help from others in achieving goals.
- Acknowledge and value contribution from other team members.
- Promote the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.