JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Environmental professional to join Saudi Aramco Upstream Business Support department, Operational Excellence and Compliance (UOE&CD) Division.
The sought position is with the Environmental Group under the UOE&CD concerned with environmental & sustainability matters. The function of this group is overseeing and reporting on environmental requirements and activities to the President of Upstream and drive performance through close monitoring, optimizing processes and providing guidance and support to operating departments within the business line.
- Oversee implementation of corporate environmental policy and assure compliance in upstream operations with all applicable Company and National environmental regulations, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide support to Company climate change focus area participate working groups with other stakeholders;
- Report environmental data and performance indicators on Flaring, SO2, Greenhouse gas emissions (GHG), Water Conservation, Energy, Oil Spills, etc.
- Advice upstream operations on managing environmental risks and provide recommendations to mitigate impacts,
- Conduct and/or participate environmental management system audits, compliance verification assessments, identify gaps and propose recommendations to address compliance related issues,
- Provide training, awareness sessions on environmental protection sustainability related topics;
- Provide expert feedback to Company standards review committees and advice revision process;
- Propose strategies and develop programs on the assigned environmental discipline to maintain compliance, enhance performance and optimize processes and operations leveraging existing Company resources and new technologies.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in engineering discipline, e.g Chemistry, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Sciences degree
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Sustainability frameworks and Environmental Social Governance (ESG) Standards
- Circular Economy and Sustainability Strategies
- Life Cycle Assessments,
- Environmental Management System Auditing
- GHG Reporting Accounting Standards
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.