JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
This position is Responsible to present the finance department as single point of contact to support all Business Units in all finance related requirements such as analysis reports, payments and spending classifications and ensure that the operating expenses and the revenues are in line with the approved budget.
• Responsible on the analysis of operating expenses to identify and maximize the opportunity of saving in expenses and ensure that spending is in line with the approved budget.
• Responsible on the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of all internal FP&A reports to ensure financial data are accurate.
• Responsible on the preparation of the monthly forecast and quarterly business review for all functional area of business and related subsidiaries.
• Develop strong understanding of all key performance drivers and issues related to budgeting, forecast and actual results and incorporate into monthly quantitative and qualitative analysis of commercial operations financial results; including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted to minimize any unnecessary spending
• Support the management team the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes. This will include establishing assumptions, spreadsheet modeling, consolidation, and analysis and presentation preparation to key stakeholders in the business.
• Responsible on the preparation of all ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management decisions.
• Responsible for Working Capital and department spending analysis.
• Responsible on Risk evaluation, risk management, and enforcing pecuniary policies and guidelines throughout the company.
• Responsible on the feasibility and analysis of all functional business activities and ensure the alignment with the company strategic targets and annual budget.
• Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA) is highly preferred.
• Must be Qualified Accountant/ Charted Financial Analyst (CPA, CA, CMA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA)
• Experience, Skills & Competencies
• 8 years of experience in Retail industry Strongly preferred
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data.
• Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
• Detail and process oriented, able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure with the sense of priority.
• Strong Knowledge in Excel
• Strong experience in BI System (Business Intelligence)
• PowerPoint skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Panda was founded in 1978 as one of the most important organizations in the retail sector in Saudi Arabia. In 1994, Panda merged with Azizia Company then in late 1998 Azizia Panda United was acquired by Savola Group, one of the largest diversified conglomerates in MENA region, Azizia Panda United became the retail sector of Savola and started its journey to become the leading food retailer in the region. In 2008,
This acquisition has aided Panda in its growth and expansion by having the largest market share in the Saudi retail sector.
The first new format of Hypermarket was opened in Riyadh city in 2004. In 2006, Panda moved forward with its regional expansion by opening its first store in Dubai. In 2008, more numbers of stores were operating under the name of Panda when Savola Group acquired “Giant” supermarkets in Saudi Arabia and merged them with Panda. One year later in 2009, Panda has landed another great success by acquiring all Geant stores in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2014 the company name was changed from Azizia Panda United to the Panda Retail Company. And another big step in the expansion plan was achieved when Panda opened it hypermarket in Egypt in the year of 2015. These big steps have raised Panda share in the retail sector from 7% to more than 8%. Today Panda is the largest food retailer in the Middle East owns more than 400 branch of panda Super, Panda Hyper and Pandati in Saudi Arabia & Egypt making it the largest retail company that offering its services to more than 400 million visitors annually.