JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
General Manager - KSA
Overall responsibility of leading, securing and expanding companies activities in the relevant country within a clear strategic framework. Plays a crucial role in managing environmental risks, responding to local trends and needs and take decisions of high impact on the business.
Our client is involved in construction activities as a contractor in the KSA Region with a focus on the industrial sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement business strategies (including identification of potential clients, project and target sectors) and ensure its effective implementation to safeguard the expansion and success of the business
* Formulate long and short-term business plans and budgets in line with the overall strategic direction
* Monitor environmental factors, assess the market needs and trends, analyse risks if any and make critical decisions that have a high impact on the business
* Develop and maintain an extensive network of business contacts, identify and pursue new business opportunities, conduct market research, analyse industry-related trends and provide strategic recommendations to the company
* Oversee the proper management/allocation of resources in a way to meet timely operational needs, coordinate with different internal functions (tendering, engineering, finance, operations, etc…)
* Provide leadership towards the implementation of Quality, Safety and Environment policies and procedures at the level of KSA entity
This is an opportunity to advance within this market leader. A competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits.
* The successful candidate will be strong in construction management with a focus on the industrial sector.
* Strong leadership skills and management skills are required.
* 15 years' of industry experience is required and a thurough understanding of the market in KSA.
* Engineering Degree or related qualification required and an MBA is advantageous.
* Fluent with English and Arabic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.