JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Directs commercial operations in the country, defining sales and marketing strategy to achieve sales results in both short and medium terms, in alignment with global goals and strategies. Ensure strong business performance while fostering a robust in-country organisation, delivering solid business growth and leading in compliance with global & local regulations, strategy, vision & values.
The client is a global company specialising in diagnostics.
* Translate the company strategy into local marketing, and direct the development of country marketing and sales plans to deliver on all Profit and Loss objectives, increase of market share, and meet sales and marketing KPIs
* Align the sales and marketing action plans and cascade them over the entire organisation. Ensures effective execution of the activities as per defined plans
* Direct the creation of a mid-term and long-term strategy in line with corporate strategy to ensure sustainable business performance
* Direct the implementation of the necessary commercial activities and corrective actions to meet the related strategic KPIs.
* Direct market and competitive analysis to maintain best-in-class market knowledge, business intelligence and forecasting.
* Define guidelines for prices and terms to ensure the best deals are secured, in compliance with pricing strategy and positioning
* Proactively shape the country's market environment, defend and improve market position and depth of market access by developing strong, best-in-class, trust-based relationships with customers and stakeholders
* Define business priorities, assuring business focus and the right resource allocation for sales, marketing, and clinician promotion.
* Achieve commercial success of new products in the market, with sound planning and resource allocation. Liaise with Business Development and Market Access Manager to develop new businesses and differentiate the sales portfolio
* Guarantee the team's availability to present, on the areas of knowledge, on customer events and other related scientific activities.
* Support the Sales team to implement strategic selling principles and consultancy selling approach with customers.
* Guarantee that the Sales teams have the necessary and updated knowledge/expertise on the respective product families and skills required to promote the products, acting as a sales support reference for the other Sales staff and customers.
* Maintain best-in-class working relationships with institutions, associations, KOLs, strategic customers, and other strategic stakeholders, with a permanent market presence
* Control the sales and marketing budget and resource allocation
* Collaborate with the different Sales Segments teams on the negotiations, whenever such involve these product families, guaranteeing compliance with pricing strategy and positioning.
* Guarantee the activity planning/reporting and opportunity mapping by the Sales team, at the CRM (Sales force).
* Lead and play a major role in local and corporate compliance and promote ethical behaviour
* Optimise the local interface and partnership with Regional Office and HQ.
Opportunity to join the leader in in vitro diagnostics.
* 15-year track record and experience in Sales & Marketing in the IVD industry, with a proven success record
* 5-7 year leadership competencies with a proven track of successful change management and leading through adversity with difficult decision making
* Previous experience in sales and/or marketing of products with high medical value, with a proven success record;
* Essential: Fluent in English (verbal and written)
* Preferred: Post-graduate degree in business (MBA) or similar is preferred / International Experience / Experience in Business Development, Market Intelligence and Medical Marketing / Arabic is a plus or any spoken language in the market
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.