JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Do you have experience working as Midwife and your certificate can be recognized by the SCHS? If yes, apply today!
About the Company:
Our Client is a 406-bedded teaching hospital, accredited by JCIA and CBHAI. Presently there are centers of excellence in women's health, pediatric and adolescent health, including a Child Development Center specializing in autism and attention disorders. There is also provision of integrated services in internal medicine, psychiatry, orthopedic, urology, colorectal, breast, bariatric, plastic and endocrine surgery, orchidology, ophthalmology, dental and maxillofacial surgery.
About the Job:
Provides exceptional patient driven care and staff empowerment in a wellness environment aligned with organizational leadership standards of practice, namely integrity, leadership development, performance, professional and ethical behavior, communication, collaboration and professional commitment. Utilizes the nursing process, hospital policies and procedures and scope of practice, to ensure compassionate, safe and effective patient care. Provides clinical oversight within the team for junior staff. Provides a high standard of midwifery care to mother and baby during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period.
• Is accountable for utilizing the nursing process, appropriate tools, evidence based knowledge, empathy and compassion in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing and midwifery care for individual patients, while considering the individuals holistic needs and in accordance with scope of practice, hospital policy and procedure.
• Is responsible for conducting low risk births and in providing shared midwifery care in high risk cases under the responsibility of the obstetrician.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills, including critical thinking, necessary to implement the nursing plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures, as necessary for the care of the individual patient taking into consideration the patient’s condition, culture and medical plan of care.
• Monitors the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
• Educates patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care.
• Educates and advices patients on pain management techniques to prepare them for labor.
• Delivers babies while providing emotional support and encouragement during labor for patient and partner.
• Provides education, emotional support and advice for patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths or terminations.
• Teaches new mothers how to feed their newborns.
• Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans.
• Providing sound advice to patients regarding diets, exercises, and medications suitable for pregnancy.
• Midwifery/Nursing care delivered is at the highest possible standard, is evidence informed and in accordance with legislation and common Saudi law as it applies.
• Effectively and efficiently manages the midwifery/nursing care of individuals or groups of patient.
• Advocates for patient by guiding best practice and standards of care within multidisciplinary team.
• Responds to clinical changes in patients conditions and escalates care in accordance with the hospital Policy and Procedures, reports any deterioration in patient’s condition to physician, escalating via chain of command as necessary.
• Works towards reducing length of stay by advocating commencing discharge planning on admission.
• Is an advocate for patient safety, minimizes patient risk by ensuring a safe environment and conditions.
• Follows all policies and procedures, reporting observed or perceived risks in a timely fashion.
• Suggests opportunities for improvement in care and in care environment.
• Uses transcultural awareness during all interactions with patients, families and colleagues.
• Works effectively with Multidisciplinary team towards safe, effective and efficient patient outcomes.
• Maintains patient confidentiality according to policy.
• Ensures appropriate delegation of any duties when necessary.
• Takes appropriate action in emergencies.
• Documents all care accurately, completely and in a timely fashion.
• Demonstrates the computer skills necessary for carrying out duties.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide comprehensive midwifery/nursing care.
• Adheres to all aspects of confidentiality in regards to patients, staff and personnel.
• Demonstrated understanding and response to emergency codes.
• Participates in accordance with hospital mission and vision.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Midwifery.
• Or Bachelors /Associate Degree/ Diploma in Nursing (country equivalent) + SCFHS recognized Midwifery Qualification.
• SCFHS Midwifery License.
• Country specific Midwifery license.
• BLS Certified (ACLS, PALS, NALS dependent on unit requirement).
• Home Country equivalent Board Certifications must be maintained when appropriate.
• 1-year internship for Saudi Nurses with Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery.
• 2 years of Midwifery experience for Non-Saudi.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ScanCruit is a recruitment company with focus on finding the right people to the right positions. We know that it’s important to love your job and have a passion for what you do.
We have great knowledge about all kinds of businesses. With us you find people with value, and our job consultants are ready to help you find the right job or the best candidate for the job.