JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the residents' satisfaction.
- To take the time to get to know the guest, and to be committed to service excellence.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- To prepare and distribute the Al a Carte services requests in coordination with the A la Carte Services supervisor
- To allocate the outsourced cleaning team on a daily basis to ensure all public areas in the Residences are cleaned on a daily basis
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve owner/resident/guest satisfaction levels as well as employee productivity and satisfaction
- To follow the grooming standards and check the grooming of the team
- To ensure the cleanliness of apartments are consistent with A la Carte Standards and rooms are in line with hotel standards
- To inspect all Vacant Rooms, checkout rooms, and departures daily.
- Ensure having rooms inspected "checked" for all late arrivals, overnight & early arrivals.
- Coordinate with Front Office supervisors to have the arrival group rooming lists, then ensure all rooms are ready & inspected at least 2 hours prior to group arrivals.
- To ensure submitting discrepancy report twice a day to Front Office Supervisors.
- To monitor the team's performance and assist with training to improves standards as required
- To work closely with the A la Carte services Supervisor to ensure payments for services are promptly collected
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of A la Carte services operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- To ensure consistent balance in allocating the housekeeping room attendants between Hotel rooms & Residences
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily A daily housekeeping briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the front office and concierge team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the residences which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all A la Carte revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- To attend Training Sessions and hold regular meetings with the team
- To report damages to the Executive Housekeeper and Engineering Coordinator
- To handle and resolve guest complaints whilst keeping the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Supervisors informed.
- Ensure all Housekeeping team members are aware of the a la carte services available to residents and are skilled in up selling them as a preferred supplier
- Ensure self and the team use the Resident's and Guests name when greeting
- Ensures Residents/Guests and Team Members are communicated to in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- To give your full cooperation to all guests & residents, assisting in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
- Anticipate guests & residents needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance customer satisfaction and increase revenue.
- Be aware of the Al a Carte Services marketing program and make recommendations to residents.
- Actively seek feedback from customers to ensure a reputation of consistency and quality is achieved.
- To write and update the policies and procedures, as well as cleaning checklists for Hotel & Residential component.
- To manage the par level stock and usage of cleaning products and equipment.
- Coordinating purchasing for the A la Carte Services & Housekeeping department with the finance team as per the hotel procedures
- Oversee the implementation of a training plan for all Housekeeping team and outsourced public area team members
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
- Prepare and conduct employee performance appraisals in collaboration with the Executive Housekeeper.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and customer contact skills
- Results and service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- A team player & builder
- A motivator & self-starter
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.