JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As member of the HR Department you will work jointly with different stakeholders at the regional and local level to support projects and activities regarding Recruitment, Performance Management and Talent Development, Policy Development & Implementation, Internal Client and Employee Relations Management.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the development and delivery of Talent Development processes locally in close alignment with KSA Talent Management lead
- Support the identification and prioritization of Training & Development needs by analyzing performance and competence data to identify gaps in relation to required levels
- Deliver local & corporate training courses or programs, advising learners and evaluating the achievement of intended learning outcomes
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of HR data provided and enter into HR information systems, following defined procedures
- Follow and comply with all relevant policies, guidelines, manuals and SOPs in the version as amended from time to time and ensure that the ones developed locally are compliant with HR Compliance Framework of the Region
- Use structured change management methodologies to build acceptance of organizational transformation and to embed desired culture and behaviors Information and Business Advice
- Build effective working relationships within the internal client organization, delivering high-quality professional services and advising on local employment regulations and internal HR policies and procedures
- Investigate, and propose solutions for, complex and/or contentious Employee Relations cases in liaison with line managers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven work experience as a HR Generalist or in relevant HR role
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Familiarity with employment paperwork, including terms of agreement, fixed-term contracts and confidentiality act
- Understanding of payroll procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- BSc in Human Resources Management or similar field
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.