JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are looking for a highly experienced HSE Director to join our team in Saudi Arabia – Riyad. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) program of the organization, ensuring it is in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. The HSE Director will also develop, implement, and monitor safety standards, policies, and procedures.
• Preparation of Saudi Arabia related safety management system in accordance with the relevant safety inspection requirements of the Saudi government, the Group Management Centre and the Company Preparation of the Company's safety management system;
• Participate in the design and review of environmental protection measures for the company's new construction, expansion and alteration projects. Supervise, inspect and manage the construction process of pollution prevention and control facilities of new, reconstruction and expansion projects, and participate in project acceptance;
• In the pre-construction phase of the project, it is responsible for docking with The High Commission for Industrial Security(HCIS);
• Propose design specifications in line with local production safety standard according to the company's production process;
• Regularly check the standardisation and timeliness of safety inspection ledgers of engineering contractors and record the inspection time;
• Participate in the formulation of production safety regulations and safety operation procedures;.
• Regularly collect laws and regulations, standards and norms related to safety and environmental protection, establish lists and archive the information;
• Be responsible for all preparations for internal and external audits of safety standardisation;
• Be responsible for supervising the standardised management of safety signs in the territorial units and establishing accounts;
• Be responsible for coordinating safety pre-evaluation, safety design review, safety trial production review, safety acceptance check and establishing statistical accounts and updating them monthly.
SAR 15,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor degree or above, majoring in safety management.
• With chemical production safety management experience and related knowledge;
• Be familiar with chemical production characteristics,at least 5 years of experience in production safety management in chemical companies in Saudi Arabia;
• Good coordination and communication skills.
• Good teamwork ability.
• With fluent English communication skills, ability of speaking Chinese is preferred.
• Proficient in Saudi local and Royal Commission safety, environmental and fire policies.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GCL Technology Holdings Limited (GCL TECH for short, formerly known as GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited) was founded in Hong Kong in 2006, listed in November 2007 (stock code: 3800. HK), included in the Hang Seng Composite Index and the HSML 100 Index in 2010, and put on the Forbes Global 2000 List in May 2012. The company is headquartered in Suzhou and has subsidiaries and R&D centers in several locations around the world, including the United States, Hong Kong, Xuzhou, Leshan, Baotou, Hohhot, and Zhongwei.
With “Focus on green development, and keep improving the living environment” as its mission, GCL Technology is a globally leading developer and manufacturer of high-efficiency PV materials. It has a firm hold on the direction of technological development of high-efficiency PV materials, consistently maintaining its position as a trailblazer in the areas of polysilicon products.
Since being founded, GCL Technology has been market-oriented and professional and has strong R&D power. The firstly developed modified Siemens process (GCL method) massive-scale polysilicon production process has won a China Patent Award. Its silane-based fluidized-bed-reactor (FBR) technology is protected with proprietary intellectual property rights. It also has won the first carbon footprint certificate in the field of photovoltaic raw materials in China and France, setting the lowest carbon footprint record of silicon materials at home and abroad.
GCL Technology regards talents as the first resource of the enterprise, its scientific research team has the most outstanding photovoltaic experts and scholars, and has formed a three-level technical talent echelon, including Chinese and foreign experts as technology leaders, young scholars with profound overseas research backgrounds as the backbone, and Ph.D. and master graduates from famous universities as a reserve force. Our patents and authorized patents cover each major polysilicon production process, forming a complete system of intellectual property protection. At the same time, we have intelligent “zero carbon production plants” and are exploring Industry 4.0 production modes. GCL TECH subsidiary Jiangsu Zhongneng has won honors and titles such as “National Youth Civilization”, “National New High-tech Enterprise” and “New-energy Industry Base with Special Features for China’s Torch Program”.
GCL Technology has actively responded to the national strategy of "carbon peak and carbon neutralization", and has always paid attention to energy technology innovation, energy conservation, and emission reduction, to drive the upgrading of the photovoltaic industry. In the future, in the photovoltaic industry that has experienced scientific and technological progress, industrial upgrading, and market restructuring, GCL Technology will embrace a new era of energy revolution with a more innovative and assertive attitude.
At the current stage, GCL is vigorously developing international projects. Saudi Arabia Project, as GCL's first overseas large-scale chemical project, contributes to facilitating polysilicon production, we sincerely welcome management, chemical, and construction talents to join.