JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are currently seeking a motivated and highly proficient HSE Supervisor to join our team for a prestigious infrastructure construction supervision project in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.
As an HSE Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, health, and environmental standards are maintained on our infrastructure construction project in Madinah. You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring safety protocols, conducting inspections, and providing guidance to the project team to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company policies. Your primary objective will be to create a safe working environment for all personnel involved in the project and minimize the risk of accidents, injuries, and environmental incidents.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Develop and implement project-specific HSE plans, policies, and procedures in accordance with local regulations and company standards.
* Conduct regular site inspections and audits to identify potential hazards and non-compliance issues. Provide recommendations and corrective actions to mitigate risks and ensure compliance.
* Monitor and enforce safety rules, regulations, and procedures on the construction site, including personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
* Conduct safety induction and training programs for project personnel, including workers, supervisors, and subcontractors, to increase awareness of safety practices and standards.
* Investigate incidents, accidents, and near misses, and prepare comprehensive reports detailing root causes, lessons learned, and preventive measures.
* Collaborate with project managers and supervisors to ensure safety considerations are integrated into project planning and execution.
* Liaise with local authorities, clients, and subcontractors on matters related to HSE compliance, inspections, and permits.
* Provide guidance and support in the implementation of environmental management systems and sustainable practices on the project site.
* Conduct regular safety meetings and toolbox talks to communicate HSE policies, objectives, and updates to project personnel.
* Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of HSE programs through performance metrics, data analysis, and feedback from stakeholders. Recommend improvements as needed.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
* Proven experience (minimum 4 years) as an HSE Supervisor in the construction industry, preferably with infrastructure projects - roads, tunnels, bridges, utilities etc.
* Knowledge of local safety regulations and international standards (e.g., OSHA, NEBOSH, ISO 14001).
* Hold a NEBOSH IGC certificate or another equivalent internationally recognised certificate.
* Strong understanding of construction processes, equipment, and potential hazards associated with infrastructure projects.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage and train project personnel at all levels.
* Ability to conduct inspections, risk assessments, incident investigations, and prepare detailed reports.
* Proficient in using safety management systems and related software tools.
* Certified First Aid and CPR training.
* Fluent in written and spoken English; proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable.
* Proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
* Saudi Passport/Identity document.
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.