JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Investment Analysis Consultant - Downstream is a key advisor to Corporate management as well as other organizations within the company on various financial and economic issues related to the company's downstream capital program. Downstream business encompass oil refining, chemical, fuels distribution, retail and marketing sectors. As different business units develop their capital plans, the Downstream Consultant will evaluate the economic attractiveness of the projects, risks associated to the projects and impact on the portfolio of investments of the Company.
- Conducts reviews of industry business developments, trends and economics.
- Utilizes, adjusts and maintains economic evaluation models for downstream projects.
- Provide analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions in the oil downstream sector.
- Evaluates the economics of complex downstream project proposals, including joint venture and/or acquisitions.
- Advises Project team's on project economics and risks, if necessary translating project risks into financial numbers as part of the project evaluation process.
- Participates along with project team members in areas with an economic impact. Identifies potential optimization opportunities within the project.
- Acts as a gate keeper, challenging project assumptions from functional teams, ensuring that projects are aligned with strategic drivers
- Represents the company at relevant internal and external conferences and seminars, preparing and delivering presentations on subjects related to downstream industries.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of oil downstream market developments which could impact the company's competitive performance.
- Benchmarks the company's performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
- Assists in the training, coaching and mentorship of junior staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Must have steadily advanced his/her professional competence in areas of expertise through personal study, relevant and expanding work experiences, seminars, professional contacts and extension courses.
- Must have 15+ years' relevant, progressive experience in the oil refining, chemicals, distribution and marketing industry, including at least five years' experience in a planning function related to the oil downstream business.
- Mastery understanding of the economic and business factors related to the oil downstream industry with proven success applying that knowledge in the evaluation of business opportunities.
- Solid understanding of downstream projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
- In-depth understanding of various modeling techniques and methodologies related to economic analysis and planning.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate what are frequently complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.