JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Responsible for assisting IT Manager in day to day handling of the department.
- Assist employees and hotel guest to resolve IT related issues.
- Up to date knowledge of Information & Technology field, networking, communication systems etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and capable of managing several tasks at one time.
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and forward planner.
- Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained therein.
- Should have a complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures and standard operating procedures and polices relating to fire, safety and health.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Handle all queries from internal & external customers.
- Ensure highest guest satisfaction, handle guest queries as priority one.
- Liaise with Company Auditors.
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Effectively delegates to get things done.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities to Director of Information Technology.
- Responsible for providing uninterrupted service of operating system.
- Provide training to end user about hardware handling and safe working environment.
- Ensure users in the hotel have access to programs that is required to perform the job only.
- Install software in accordance with software licensing laws.
- Provide education to end users for better use of Information & Technology Systems in the property.
- Supervises and/or performs the back-up procedures of the software and ensures that total backups are performed at regular intervals and are kept in a secure place to ensure uninterrupted service all the time.
- Monitors and adjusts file sizes and file activities and analyses problems before they influence the operation.
- Scans all storage material regularly for viruses, ensure virus detection software is active all the time.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Core behaviours are our actions: what we say, what we do, and how we interact with one another. Our behaviours come from what we believe in, what we value. At Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, we call these value-based behaviours. The following statements provide indicators of the types of behaviours we expect employees in our company to display.
Trust: Operates with fairness and integrity, fostering an environment of transparency and sincerity through open and honest communication and by honouring commitments.
Relationships: We build and maintain strong connections with colleagues and guests, valuing diversity in people and perspectives whilst overcoming potential obstacles to increase cooperation and collaboration.
Drive: We are action-oriented, setting direction for self and others, clarifying goals and objectives and overcoming barriers and challenges to produce results.
Entrepreneurship: We fully understand the business and market context, identifying and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement and supporting change.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.