JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Junior HSE Engineer
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment F+G is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
We require a Junior Health, Safety and Environmental Engineer to implement, monitor and report on all aspects of the project health, safety and environmental (HSE) management arrangements. To ensure all persons employed on the project adhere to client standards, contract requirements, relevant international standards, local/national authority requirements and industry best practice.
- Adhere to and implement F+G internal HSE management system requirements and procedures.
- Adhere to project HSE requirements and implement this within the F+G site team.
- Monitor compliance against the applicable safety standards and procedures and bring to the attention of the Project Manager any safety violations for their further action.
- Maintain F+G HSE specific site risk assessments, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc.
- Ensure that relevant safety measures have been put in place for F+G site team.
- Coordinate safety-related activities for F+G site team.
- Conduct and co-ordinate regular safety training for F+G site team, as required.
- Carry out Project HSE Inductions for F+G site team.
- Report any F+G Site team accidents to the Line Manager
- Participate in accident and incident investigations for F+G site team.
- Prepare and maintain F+G HSE registers, e.g. training, inductions, inspection reports, accident/Incident, and others as required.
- Communicate, coordinate and seek any advice from the F+G Health and Safety Manager as required
- Liaise with F+G Project Managers, Construction Site Supervision and Contractors on HSE Issues
- Prepare regular weekly, monthly and other HSE reports as required for issue to the Employer and Project Manager.
- Review, comment and monitor Construction Site Supervision HSE Plans, Procedures and Processes.
- Review and comment on Construction Site Supervision and Contractor's risk management controls and safe systems of work.
- Monitor, assess and report on Construction Site Supervision and Contractor HSE compliance with the project HSE requirements as per HSE Legislation, the Contract and industry best practice
- Carry out daily site HSE tours, regular HSE assessments and inspections with the Construction Site Supervision and Contractor HSE Staff as per applicable safety standards and procedures.
- Compile and monitor project HSE action trackers
- Follow up with the Construction Site Supervision and Contractor on any outstanding HSE issues, including corrective actions and ensure prompt closure with adequate evidence of compliance.
- Compile and review project HSE data and measurements for analysis and review meetings.
- Participate and contribute to weekly HSE performance review meetings where required.
- Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action in the weekly progress meetings.
- On major project HSE issues, prior to issuing any enforcement notifications seek advice from F+G Health and Safety Manager.
- General HSE advice as required
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.