JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Description & Summary
A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritize emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation.
Our team helps organizations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritizing emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
• Public Speaking: Deliver engaging presentations and public speeches on emerging technology topics to clients, industry events, and internal PwC teams, effectively conveying complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Technology Mastery: Develop and demonstrate a deep technical proficiency in conceiving, building, and developing prototypes utilizing cutting-edge emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, extended reality (XR), and the Internet of Things (IoT) or other emerging technologies
• Continuous Learning: Maintain a commitment to staying at the forefront of emerging technology trends, including programming languages and software tools pertinent to our projects
Project Management Expertise:
• Project Planning: Efficiently handle client requests by meticulously planning project phases and timelines for prototype development
• Timely Deliveries : Ensure the on-time delivery of prototypes, proactively identifying and mitigating potential project risks
• Communication and Documentation: Effectively communicate project updates and status to stakeholders, clients, and the lab lead. Thoroughly document all stages of prototype development, fostering transparency and knowledge sharing within the team
Research and Innovation:
• Ideation: Contribute to our innovation agenda by brainstorming and ideating potential prototypes that address emerging challenges faced by PwC and our clients
• Research Excellence: Conduct rigorous research and development activities related to emerging technologies relevant to PwC's industry focus areas
• Business Impact: Evaluate the potential impact of emerging technologies on PwC's business model and identify novel opportunities for innovation and technology adoption
• Experience: 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in the field of technology
• Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Product Design, Game Development, or a related field is highly preferred
Lab and Team Collaboration:
• Lab Operations: Take charge of setting up and maintaining prototypes in our lab, ensuring an organized and conducive environment for client engagement
• Team Collaboration: Foster a collaborative environment by working closely with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex technical challenges associated with prototyping
• Support and Mentorship: Provide technical support to team members as needed, assisting them in their own prototype development endeavors
• Communication: Establish effective communication channels with stakeholders and team members
• Innovation Culture: Play a pivotal role in cultivating a culture of innovation and continuous learning within the lab and across PwC
• Working Conditions: Working hours are from Sunday to Thursday
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.