JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Lead Electrical Engineer (Water) - NEOM
• Management of design activities and coordination of workloads for Water projects.
• Plan, arrange, manage and monitor the review of design deliverables produced by the client’s design consultant, including reports, providing feedback to the Design Project Manager regarding progress, key issues and risk.
• Arrange and manage the design review of the design consultant’s hazard and risk logs.
• Arrange the response to comments raised on deliverables by the likes of subject matter experts, the design review team, the Independent Checking Engineer, and Independent Safety Assessors.
• Ensure the buildability of the proposed design and suitability of materials.
• Arrange engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors.
• Arrange and visit the jobsite as required, to resolve problems, interpret drawings and documents and provide technical help during the construction phase.
• Arrange with other disciplines, consultants, and attend project meetings from time to time.
• Arrange with Contracts Department and Construction teams for supporting the pre-construction procurement process and the checking and assembly of the design documentation for issue as design-build or design-bid-build tender packages as required.
• Review contractor’s construction drawings, respond to technical queries and technical submittals to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Review design and engineering studies prepared by local and international engineering firms.
• Review changes or deviations in design scope, material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
• Participate in site visits and investigations led by designers.
• Take an active role in design reviews, interdisciplinary design reviews and provide comments.
• Perform work that involves classic design practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of classic materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• Provide guidance for assured design quality and compliance with the client’s requirements, design guidelines, statutory requirements, local and international codes, standards and norms, and international standards of independent firms that are carrying out the detailed design.
• Report progress, critical issues and risk to EPM design manager.
• Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
• A professional license from a recognized licensing or registration board.
• Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited university with 15+ years of relevant experience in design management, related to Water projects.
• Experience in managing the design/installation/operation/maintenance of Water / Wastewater treatment plant, pumping stations, desalination plants and district cooling plant.
• Experience in both design-build and design-bid-build forms of procurement with contractors and consultants.
• Experience in field construction and inspection for initial acceptance.
• Knowledge of relevant codes and standards pertinent to the discipline.
• Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems and design calculations.
• Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D) e.g AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel for managing design reviews.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.