JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Responsible for team delivering design management and design review, surveys and impact assessments for regional infrastructure and utilities.
• Managing deliverables from design consultants.
• Reviewing designs for methodology and constructability.
• Reviewing design and efficiency of design to a budget.
• Providing engineering technical guidance and review and analysis of designs, studies, sustainability, calculations, drawings and specifications and recommendations within the schedules and budget of all NEOM projects for both masterplans and project plans.
• Interface with MOT.
• PTS Interface with NEOM sectors and projects departments and teams, specialist consultants to deliver the integrated modal logistics plan.
• Relates to and promotes engineering codes and standards for utility and infrastructure engineering.
• Responsible for initiating and developing traffic and transport engineering assessments and conducting gap analysis on established design criteria and proposals.
• Reviews and advises on traffic management and temporary traffic management plans from contractors.
• Ensures the utility and infrastructure engineering drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards, including mitigating health and safety issues and design and buildability issues prior to construction.
• Ensures that the highest level of sustainability targets is achieved to a recognised environmental certification system, incorporated into the designs, and managed from inception to completion.
• Assists in evaluation of Contractors’ proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous.
• Assists in the review of design consultants’ scope of works.
• Assists in design and designer progress, quality, and performance.
• Review and critique during each stage of the consultant’s strategic masterplan and building designs and ensure coordination.
• Review and critique of the Tender Documentation
• Review and critique the various proposals from specialist sub-contractors.
• Reviews of the potential innovation and value engineering solutions
• 10-15 years of relevant experience as an infrastructure and or utility engineer
• Familiar with KSA design codes and standards, permits, sustainability regulations and software applications (including Civil 3D, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, ArcGIS, SSA etc) related to the civil engineering discipline.
• Relevant experience in the GCC (preferably within the KSA)
• Track record with sound multi-disciplinary organisation with project management experience
• Team player with ability to play a proactive role in a multinational, multi-dimensional organization.
• Strong English language communication, presentation and report writing skills
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university
• Professional certification or chartered status with a recognised regulatory body
• Relevant KSA certification
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering