JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Manages mechanical engineering review team and mechanical engineering disciplines to Provide technical reviews, and approvals support for construction projects.
• Reviews complex structures to provide construction mechanical engineering recommendations, construction methodology and constructability proposals.
• Prepares and presents engineering reports for projects dept.
• Reviews design consultants and contractors engineering proposals.
• Knowledge of KSA and international building codes, mechanical codes, and standards
• Manages multiple Projects at all stages from planning through implementation which includes budgeting, Scope development, consultant selection, assets briefs and all engineering design stages development.
• Provide project scheduling support and monitors construction projects and keeps other departments and/or divisions informed.
• Manages Technical and Engineering studies and services to support the construction sector
• Responsible for providing mechanical engineering technical guidance and review and analysis of designs, studies, sustainability, calculations, drawings and specifications and recommendations within the schedules and budget of all company's projects for both masterplans and buildings.
• Responsible for initiating and developing mechanical engineering assessments and conducting gap analysis on applicable codes and established design criteria
• Ensures the mechanical engineering drawings and designs are completed on time and adhere to the established specifications and standards, including mitigating health and safety issues and design and buildability issues prior to construction
• Ensures that the highest level of sustainability targets are achieved to a recognised environmental certification system and incorporated into the designs and managed from inception to completion.
• Assists in evaluation of Contractors’ proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous
• Assists in the review of design consultants’ scope of works
• Assists in design and designer progress, quality and performance
• Review and critique during each stage of the consultants strategic masterplan and building designs and ensure coordination
• Review and critique of the Tender Documentation
• Review and critique the various proposals from specialist sub-contractors
• Reviews of the potential innovation and value engineering solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 10-15 years of relevant experience as a mechanical engineer in planning and design management from inception to completion in large scale complex mixed-use masterplans and urban development projects
• Strong skills and knowledge in mechanical engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design details and specifications
• Familiar with the relevant building codes, standards, permits, sustainability regulations and software applications related to the MEP engineering discipline
• Relevant experience in the GCC (preferably within the KSA)
• Track record with sound multi-disciplinary organisation with project management experience
• Appropriate KSA mechanical registration
• Strong English language communication, presentation and report writing skills
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university
• Professional certification or chartered status with a recognised regulatory body
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering