JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Sofitel Al Khobar The Corniche
French luxury and local cuisine in the world's most exciting city
The magnificent 5-star Sofitel Al Khobar the Corniche hotel is a triumph of contemporary architecture. Luxury is the key word for this hotel located in the heart of the vibrant city of Al-Khobar with its thriving business district and convention centre. By joining Sofitel, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS\"
Reporting to the Talent and Culture Manager responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Talent & Culture Manager in managing the Talent & Culture operation, including the functional areas of Recruitment, Benefits, Activities/Communications and Administration thus ensuring the Talent & Culture department delivers a high standard of service for both our internal guests and external clients.
- Assist the Talent & Culture Manager in developing and coordinating Talent & Culture programs within the Hotel in accordance with Company Talent & Culture policies, practices and procedures in response to, and anticipation of, our external environment and competitors.
- Act as an internal consultant to provide expert coaching and direction on Talent & Culture policy, programs, and employment standards
- Counsel and coach all colleagues on job related issues, career development and performance management.
- Support, uphold and guide the hotel philosophies concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision and disciplinary action to result in consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Be a role model within the hotel and demonstrate professional leadership skills that are fully aligned and in support of our culture.
- Coordinate the annual hourly and salary compensation reviews.
- Manage Talent & Culture projects together with the Talent & Culture Manager as required.
- Champions training and development at all levels for the property.
- Ensures all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts/ Accor Hotel's standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Conducts training needs analysis on a six-monthly basis to ensure all our constituents training and development needs are met, in conjunction with the training committee.
- Ensures each new Heartists attends the mandatory induction program.
- Maintains up to date Individual Training Plans for each position in the hotel.
- Oversees Hotel Training committee and Departmental Trainers.
- Develops and distributes training and development schedule each quarter and produces a monthly calendar.
- Coaches Heartists at all levels regarding training and educational opportunities.
- Assists in the implementation of new corporate initiated programs as directed.
- Responsible for Hotel Educational Assistance Policy administration, communication and produces usage reports accordingly.
- Promotes Accor Hotel's learning capabilities.
- Champions the Heartist Recognition Committee and Recognition program in conjunction with the T&C Coordinator/Administrator.
- Support the Charity Committee and all Corporate Social Investment Projects.
- Participates and assists in the facilitation of other programs and committees as directed by the Talent & Culture Manager.
- Creates and implements new Talent & Culture programs as needed.
- Coordinates and Updates the EES Action Plan for the Talent & Culture Department, other Departments and the Hotel with respect to their developmental requirements.
- Supports the Talent & Culture Coordinator/Administrator with coordinating the monthly Coffee Date Program with the General Manager.
- Supports the Talent & Culture Coordinator/Administrator with overseeing the operation, maintenance and hygiene of the staff change rooms and staff cafeteria.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a strong health and safety culture, directing and overseeing workplace safety programs to regulation compliance, employee awareness and an accident-free workplace guided by South African Labour Law.
- A member of the Hotel's Sustainability Program.
Talent Acquisition and Talent Management
- Together with Leaders identify employees for development, makes recommendations and monitors progress.
- Develops employees to maximize their potential and prepares them for future promotional opportunities (Mentoring Programme).
- Oversees the placement of all Hotel School Students at the Hotel and is the liaison for the School and the Hotel.
Training and Development
- Direct coordinate and implement hotel and employee training programs to promote exceptional guest service experiences.
- Utilize motivational techniques to develop and implement service skills and standards.
- Assist leaders in addressing departmental training needs and to develop departmental training plans.
- Together with Leaders and the Talent & Culture Manager identifies employees for development and thereafter recommends and develops individual development plans.
- Ensure that the required training programs are conducted and keeping accurate records regarding attendance.
- Improving the standards of service and leadership skills by the effective use of training as a strategy.
- Prepares Hotel's Mandatory Grant Applications i.e. Work Skills Plan and Annual Training Report for Cathsseta.
- Actively applies for Mandatory Grants from Cathsseta to facilitate Learnership Programs and/or Skills Programmes at the Hotel.
- Oversees Onboarding Program and Succession Planning for all Positions throughout all Departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development, or a related field.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written), a second language an asset.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous Hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.