JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Provide guidance, coaching and assistance to the operational teams in implementing HSE standards and practices.
• Develop, implement and improve Quality of HSE management systems, processes and procedures to support business operations in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
• Administrate staff training and review Health & Safety training needs and lead in-house training on safety issues when necessary
• Administrate subcontractors HSE pre-qualification activity and ensure contractor HSE engagement fulfillment.
• Lead a team of skilled HSSE professionals and develop them into experts in the identification of the hazards related to our activities (personal safety, process safety, occupational health, environmental and industrial hygiene and emergency response ) and in strengthening our risk management protocols.
• Lead investigations into medium to high risk actual or potential incidents
• Support HSSE Manager in development of site improvement plan in line with the regional S&E strategy requirements,
• Support HSSE Manager in development and implementation of the site-specific S&E systems,
• Support in Implementation of the Port Safety Management Plan, Traffic Management Plan, Environment Management Plan, Waste Management Plan and Health Management Plan
• Support HSE manager in preparation and upkeeping of emergency response readiness, including coordination with municipal and national emergency planning and fire prevention.
• Conduct assessment of site compliance against the minimum global / regional and local legislative requirement
• Perform statistical analysis of HSE KPIs , Accidents & Risks and make corrective action plan to improve overall performance
• Implementation and compliance with Fatal Risk Standards or whichever standards enforced by GSE
• Implementation and compliance with GSE engagements and safety leadership requirements
• Implementation of Safety Management system according to local & GSE requirements
• Implementation and compliance with Safe Work Practices
• Implementation and compliance with HSSE policies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Formal HSE qualification i.e. Diploma / Degree level for example: NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and or NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
• Safety function in heavy engineering, energy, utilities related industry
• Preferable: +5 years
• In S&E Senior role
• Mandatory: 3 to 5 years
• Port industry preferred
• Experience in the development of S&E management systems
• Experience in liaising with government, regulatory, industry and labor organizations
• Good knowledge of health and safety management, risk assessments, method statements leading critical incident investigations etc.
• Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and able to stand up to strong characters and challenge unsatisfactory situations and behavior
• Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Accurate with good attention to detail
• Able to work on own initiative without Supervision
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain - from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 140 nationalities are committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focusing on mutually beneficial relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain – relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading digital technology to further broaden our vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.