JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking a skilled Marine Engineer with experience in hybrid, diesel, and fully electrical engines to join our team at NEOM - Sindalah Island opening early 2024
Our busy marine center runs scuba diving, water sports, and boat excursions operating a fleet of over 20 vessels, from electric jet skis and Hydrofoils small crafts to 8 meters RIBS, 46-Feet Sailing Catamarans, and 15 meters Aluminum mono-hulls.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining all vessels and ensuring they operate efficiently and safely.
- Elaborate maintenance SOP's for all marine vessels and structures, such as floating jetties and moorings structure
- Constantly evaluating the performance, safety, and environmental impact of marine equipment.
- Preparing technical specifications, cost estimates, and documentation for marine engineering projects
- Collaborating with naval architects, shipbuilders, and other engineering professionals to ensure projects meet design, performance, and safety standards
- Supervise the installation/commissioning and testing of marine vessels, equipment and structures
- Identifying and resolving technical issues related to marine machinery, propulsion systems, and power generation
- Conducting inspections, maintenance, and repairs of marine equipment vessels and structures to ensure compliance with regulations and standards
- Liaising with regulatory authorities and classification societies to obtain necessary approvals and certifications for marine vessels and structures
- Providing technical support and guidance to marine operations and maintenance teams
SAR 15,000 to 17,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Full Board - Single Accommodation, Shared Car, Health Insurance, Annual Bonus, Yearly ticket home
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, or a related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or Chartered Engineer (CEng) certification preferred
- Proven experience in marine engineering, shipbuilding, or offshore construction
- Strong knowledge of marine systems, equipment, and materials, as well as marine industry regulations and standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound engineering decisions
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring the highest standards of quality, safety, and environmental responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with fast pacing tourism requirements and luxury environments
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our primary intention is to make a positive impact on the world around us: on individuals and the environment. We do this by providing life-enriching experiences, fusing knowledge and passion to inspire personal evolution.