JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
We are seeking to appoint a Material and Concrete Expert whom will be responsible in ensuring the contractor's compliance with the Employer's requirements (contract documents, drawings, specifications, standards, local authorities' requirements) with regards to the Port upgrading and expansion works (quay wall, yard pavement, infrastructure and buildings).
Your new role, what's involved?
* Reviewing project documents that include, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
* Reviewing and providing necessary comments on Contractor's technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments for compliance with Employer's Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards.
* Reviewing and verifying concrete mix design and its implementation, selection/recommendation/approval of various materials to be used in construction and repair works.
* Overseeing/inspecting site construction work in daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
* Coordinating on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
* Processing (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
* Monitoring progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
* Preparing weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
* Ensuring high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer's Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements
* Assessment of the Contractor's compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
* Evaluating Contractor's personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
* Participating in project construction meetings if required.
* Assisting in resolution of construction problems.
* Analyzing value engineering proposals.
* Coordinating with other team members.
* Coordinating and liaise with Port operator(s) and stakeholders.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hons) in in Civil/Structural Engineering from accredited university.
* Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership will be preferred.
* (+15 years) experience (including +5 years in GCC) in construction and supervision of Marine and Port civil and concrete works (material, design, precast Quay wall blocks, repair, batching plant inspection) with a proven successful track record.
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.