JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP, is a prominent player in the infrastructure development sector, dedicated to delivering high-quality projects that contribute to the growth and development of Riyadh and the surrounding regions. We are currently seeking a highly experienced Mechanical Site Engineer to join our team and take a pivotal role in the successful execution of our infrastructure projects.
As a Mechanical Site Engineer with more than 8 years of experience, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing mechanical aspects of our infrastructure projects in Riyadh. Your primary focus will be to ensure the efficient installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of mechanical systems, while adhering to safety, quality, and timeline standards.
Your new role, what's involved?
• Collaborate with project managers to develop mechanical project plans and schedules.
• Ensure the timely completion of mechanical project milestones within the allocated budget.
• Regularly report on project progress to senior management.
Mechanical System Design:
• Review and interpret mechanical engineering drawings and specifications.
• Provide valuable input into the design phase to optimize mechanical systems.
• Ensure strict compliance with local mechanical codes and regulations.
Installation and Maintenance:
• Supervise the on-site installation of mechanical systems and equipment.
• Conduct systematic inspections to ensure the quality and safety of mechanical installations.
• Oversee preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
• Lead and motivate a team of mechanical technicians and support staff.
• Offer guidance, training, and mentorship to junior team members.
• Cultivate a culture of safety and professionalism within the team.
• Establish and maintain robust quality control procedures for mechanical work.
• Perform meticulous quality inspections to identify and rectify issues promptly.
Safety and Compliance:
• Guarantee that all mechanical work adheres to safety regulations and industry best practices.
• Investigate and report any safety incidents or near misses.
• Efficiently manage the mechanical project budget, including cost estimation and control.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
• Minimum of 8 years of mechanical engineering experience, with a focus on infrastructure projects.
• Professional engineering license preferred.
• Profound knowledge of mechanical systems, codes, and standards.
• Demonstrated expertise in project management and team leadership.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Proficiency in relevant software and tools.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging construction environment.
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.