JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist
Reports to: Pathologist and Laboratory In-Charge
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs a full range of laboratory tests and examinations in all sections of the laboratory including hematology, biochemistry, and immunology.
• Collects blood specimens from the patients, evaluates specimens received to determine suitability for testing and notifies the physicians/customer of the rejected specimens.
• Ensures that the laboratory tests and procedures are properly entered “on-line” in the system and billed accordingly to the clients.
• Prepares, double checks and logs all the specimens for send-out to the Reference Laboratory.
• Processes specimens in the assigned section, checks and enters the results in the Information System.
• Provides clerical support including processing incoming and outgoing lab reports, making copies, maintaining, and organizing filing systems.
• Follows established lab procedures for specimen handling, processing, test analysis, reporting and maintains records of results.
• Performing daily maintenance of the lab instruments in their assigned section and documenting the same in the corresponding forms.
• Checking temperature of different fridges, freezer, incubators, and rooms on daily basis and documenting the same in the corresponding temperature recoding forms.
• Performs basic daily Quality Control procedures and notifies the Sr. Lab Tech / Lab Incharge of any problems and corrective actions taken.
• Participates in quality improvement programs.
• Participates in different quality standards in the lab including but not limited to method validation/verification, processing PT specimens and evaluating their results, monthly QC review, and KPIs recording and monitoring on daily basis.
• Follows and regularly practices the Lab Safety procedures.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Laboratory In-Charge.
Education and Qualification:
• Degree in the field of Medical Technology.
• Saudi National only - Must
• License to work as a medical laboratory technician in Saudi Arabia - Must
• Minimum 1 year experience.
• This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at any time in consultation with the employee.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in the year 1996, Dr. A Velumani, a BARC scientist turned entrepreneur, fathered Thyrocare. Thyrocare Technologies Limited has emerged to be the biggest leader and a trendsetter in the Indian Diagnostic Industry. It spans over 1000 plus dedicated service providers across India who cater to the diagnostic needs of end user and small laboratories who outsource the high-end tests to Thyrocare.
Focused on metabolic chronic disorders, Thyrocare works on intelligently packaged preventive care profiles.
Today, the rise in health calamities due to changing lifestyle has inspired the company to make preventive healthcare as its prime focus! Embracing a test menu of over 200 tests under different technologies, to detect the ever rising health issues; Thyrocare operates with a 24x7 functional Centralized Processing Laboratory (CPL) in Mumbai - India for esoteric tests; and Regional Processing Laboratory (RPL) in major metro cities of India and other parts of Asia.
The laboratory automation Aptio, a unified solution for pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases, has the capacity to handle 100,000 samples every day. With an error-free processing, around Currently it handles 50,000 samples every day with over 200,000 investigations every night, before midnight and only in night. This is ably supported with its unmatched speed with a synchrony of Air cargo logistics and barcoded, bi-directional systems connecting the country to its laboratory seamlessly.
Along with technologies, automation and tests, Quality remained the heart of Thyrocare right from its inception. The laboratory got accredited by ISO 9001:2001 which has now escalated to ISO 9001:2008, NABL in 2005 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) in 2007.