JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
MySQL has a long history of being the most popular database in the world. Helping our customers leverage MySQL in the most secure cloud environment, is what we aim for:
The MySQL Business Unit is looking for another MySQL Solution Engineer, that helps our customers understand and use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Focus is on MySQL Database Service, including the analytics engine "HeatWave". We are looking for an expert in building modern open source based architectures. If you are familiar with typical solutions like MySQL, other databases, including NoSQL databases, if you understand developer needs, are familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, deployment frameworks like Ansible or Terraform, if you feel home in public cloud environments like OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure, if Cloud Native means more to you than just running VMs on a public cloud and/or you have good knowledge on analytics application design and requirements, you should consider leveraging all this by helping some of the biggest companies in EMEA in adopting MySQL and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Join our team, contribute to growing our business and benefit from growing your profile. Arabic and English language skills are mandatory, additional languages preferred.
Role & Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the MySQL Solution Engineering team focused on driving overall Cloud adoption
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Experience with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling.
- Maintain strong database technical knowledge with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database approaches (relational, non-relational, in-memory, data warehousing, etc.)
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of MySQL and MySQL HeatWave.
- Identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities in the MySQL Database Service within Oracle Cloud space.
- Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map and market positioning for HeatWave and MySQL Database Service offerings.
- Identify, drive, develop & support community user groups and developer program initiatives for MySQL Database Service and HeatWave to analytic and big data developers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Computer Science or Engineering required.
- AWS and/or Azure Certifications;
- MySQL and/or OCI Certifications;
- LAMP Stack hands-on experience.
- Database Systems Certifications;
- Experience working with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and AWS databases.
- Working knowledge of database administration in Cloud, software development practices, and data center/infrastructure/networking
- Experience working and traveling independently
- Preferred locations: Must be located in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.