JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Monitoring and managing the day-to-day allocations of VSA /Slot purchased on vessels and VSA ships including sign-off space releases, special requests, compensation, and purchase requested by commercial and or trade management and Partners.
Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting in the resolution of ad-hoc capacity related issues across network.
Our client is a confidential organization within the logistics and supply chain sector with the vision of becoming a leader across the market and industry.
* Monitoring and evaluating partners in terms of slot availability, slot utilization, long term schedule, blank sailing, omission of ports, overuse, schedule changes etc. and take the necessary steps like identifying the impact, finalize the resolution in discussion with partners, ship managers, TM, as well as assessing and requesting the compensation (from partner) if applicable.
* Control long and short-term partner allocations on vessels and allocations on partner vessels as agreed with Network and Capacity and Commercial Department.
* Oversee slot sale opportunities with VSA partners and act as a liaison between VSA partners, Network analyst, TM/CCO commercial department as per the agreed threshold.
* Provide input on slot costs with current partners.
* Manage discussions in regard to Adhoc purchase of additional partner slots on both own and vessels in line with the TM / commercial team in cargo overflow situations.
* In relation to cargo on partner vessels and partner cargo on vessels, review and approve all clusters / partners space requests / slot swap and initiate remedial action where required.
* Resolve day-to-day capacity and operational matters between and partners.
* Oversee and partners cargo forecast accuracy and ensure that bookings are taken in line with the agreed allocations between Partners
* Define and maintain slot table and agree definition between Partner.
* Manage situations of potential over or under utilization and work together with marine Mangers to take appropriate solutions.
* Provide analysis to the Marine Manager as need it and Network Analyst Manager in relation to complex capacity issues involving more than one service or carrier including but not limited to - operational costs such as extra handling, and also utilization issues such as partner allocation and overall allocation.
* Ensure the changes - addition / reduction of partner allocations on vessels and allocations on Partner vessels are properly and timely communicated to all concerned especially to the TM, CCO team, and partners.
* Monitor and analyze volume distribution between partners and update capacity systems to this effect.
* Initiate discussions with CCO commercial team, in relation to matters arising from insufficient allocations for forecasted/booked cargo and empties on a voy, and evaluate and recommend solutions to resolve these cases including operational, cost consequences, opportunity cost loss.
* Attractive salary package and benefits structure
* Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing team and organization
* A degree in Commerce / Finance / Business / Shipping / Maritime Administration from any recognized university
* Experience in Capacity Planning / container ship Planning in shipping, vessel operations, or similar.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.