JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
My client, a leading international contractor has an urgent opening for an Operations Director to lead the Oil & Gas function in Saudi Arabia. This would be a corporate role based in their Head Office in Riyadh.
The key responsibility for this duty is to support Company operation in KSA in the oil and gas sector starting from tendering and early stages of EPC for construction projects up to delivery. The Operations Director will oversee the technical and operational matters affecting the oil and gas business in KSA reporting to the Area Managing Director, KSA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Accountable for the performance of the various project management teams executing oil and gas projects within KSA, regarding profitability, cost control, quality, efficiency, client satisfaction and also workplace health, safety and environmental issues.
* Provide direction and support for the ongoing projects management teams assisting them in all challenges and areas of concern that affect project targets including delivery on time and on budget.
* Create a winning 'can do' culture within the various project management teams.
* Act as a sponsor/mediator with Clients, EPC contractor sponsors and subcontractors' executives management on all matters that could influence and/or facilitate construction execution on site or resolve disputes.
* Build credibility and respectful partnership with Clients and EPC Contractors, advising on risks and opportunities that will improve Oil & Gas projects delivery (simplicity, schedule, quality, safety and budget).
* Engage with all project stakeholders to improve on projects delivery and profitably such as simplifying designs, maximizing offsite works, improving constructability, reducing heavy lifting and optimizing cost, realizing lessons learned acquired from previously executed Oil & Gas Projects.
* Act as operational/technical advisor on EPC executional matters and participate in critical risk and operational workshops. Continuous monitoring of project risks and their mitigation measures.
* Make recommendations and improvements suggestions to EPC execution strategy and construction methodologies to deliver the oil and gas projects successfully.
* Participate in HSSE and 3D Model workshops aiming at improving constructability and lowering costs, shortening cycle time, improving serviceability, and increasing throughput and quality.
* Make strategic decisions in relation to all aspects of the oil and gas projects with KSA in conjunction with Regional Managing Director, KSA and/or Corporate Executive Management.
* Participates in soliciting and negotiations with potentially suitable subcontractors and major suppliers.
* Warrants the implementation of Ethics and Compliance program among all project workforce.
* Holds up and maintains broad range of contacts within KSA, as a basis to business promotion duties of the company.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from a reputable university.
* Member of a recognized Engineering Institution is an advantage.
* Proven experience (typically 20+ years) in managing oil and gas projects as a contractor operations director or in similar senior management role.
* In-depth knowledge of several project functions with high level of EPC experience/exposure; Engineering/Design exposure.
* Strong understanding of oil & gas industry operations, standards, and regulations.
* Has attained Project Manager on site-based project(s) exceeding $500M with minimum 5 years of proven managerial and leadership abilities.
* Strong knowledge in the following issues: client liaison, project management principles, methodologies and contract administration on all construction related matters.
* Fluent in written and spoken English, with fluency in other languages an advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.