JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Oracle Digital Sales Graduate Programme (Technology)
This programme is designed to give enthusiastic graduates the opportunity to explore all aspects of modern sales in the technology industry. We are looking for storytellers, good listeners and graduates with an interest in innovation.
Over an intensive 12 month curriculum you will work with business development, sales, multi-media communications and marketing. Through strategic project work, involving stakeholders of all levels, you will build an extensive network. The programme curriculum has been carefully thought out to set you up for success in your career. We have just 1 intake per year and spaces are very limited so apply early to give yourself the best chance.
The Graduates we recruit:
• We are advocates of Diversity & Inclusion, so the profile of successful candidates on the graduate programme is wonderfully varied with one major thing in common – a great, positive attitude with a willingness to embrace learning.
• You must be able to participdate in the full 12 month programme in Saudi Arabia (Riyadh).
• Given the nature of the programme, a strong interest in a sales career is essential. Remember that modern sales is very varied and strategic. You will work up to having strategic business conversations, understanding business needs and telling compelling stories.
• Social media plays a big role in modern selling and most of our graduates are very competent at leveraging social media platforms for communication and collaboration.
• Our graduates tend to have an entrepreneurial spirit. Successful programme graduates often introduce new ideas to the business, they work on their own initiative and they bring energy to the teams they work with.
• The most common type of degree from past graduates is business or marketing but we have had people from very diverse backgrounds including journalism and chemistry. An IT related degree would be an advantage as product portfolio is core technology and cloud platform solutions (PaaS).
More about the Programme:
• The customised training our graduates participate in is something that makes this programme really unique. You will learn sales skills methodologies, digital selling strategies, video skills, presenting skills, project management, stakeholder management and even improvisation techniques.
• The programme allows you to gain on the job training in a business development team. Working with the business development organisation, you will have the chance to plan your own accounts, work towards a small target and experiment with new methods of prospecting. This will include a mix of outbound and inbound calls, following up on leads, and really understanding how to work with marketing and sales.
• You will work with the communications programme manager and the social media programme managers on various cultural activities.
• You will work with a sales team during the programme which will give you experience of the full sales cycle including forecasting, deal reviews, customer meetings and events.
• You will work on individual & team projects throughout the programme.
These will require creativity and strategic thinking and will give you access to many areas of the business.
Some Tips for your Application (and even other applications – we are nice like that!):
• This is a graduate programme – we don’t expect you to have a lot of experience! What we would like is for you to give examples of your skills that would suit the programme. Use examples from summer jobs, university projects, voluntary work and even travel experience. You may have demonstrated really good negotiation skills with a family member – think creatively about how you can show your transferable skills!
• Tailor your CV for the job you are going for. This doesn’t mean re-writing it completely. It sometimes just means tweaking the story/headline at the top. Don’t include anything in your CV that you cannot talk about – you will surely get asked!
• Be confident that you want the job you are applying for. For a sales programme, you have to be convincing about your motivation for the particular programme.
• Be energetic and positive throughout the recruitment process. Everyone you talk to from first conversation, middle and last will have an influence in the decision to hire you.
• Be prepared to talk but make sure you listen. Answering the question you are asked is important – it’s a skill in sales so it will be something the interviewers are looking out for.
• Do some research! Know about Oracle – what is the strategy, what do you like about it? If you have an opinion, great, and have researched against other programmes, even better! We want you here only if you really WANT to be here. The interview is about both of us establishing if we are a fit for each other.
• This is a paid Graduate program with industry standard salary for this level.
• The location is Riyadh – Saudi Arabia (great opportunity for Saudi Nationals).
• 75% of graduates who have completed the programme have progressed internally to sales roles in Oracle. We have a very structured progression path built into the programme. Many have since progressed further in the company into more senior sales or marketing positions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.