JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
As an experienced People Partner, you will be responsible to provide strategic partnership and day-to-day operational guidance to head office and retail field employees. You will be working closely with the brand/functional management team to provide: operational HR support, strategic advice, guidance, and best practice solutions. You will do so in line with the JV's HR policies and principles, whilst also creating bespoke initiatives to enhance the employee experience and support the achievement of business strategies and culture.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a role that combines operational and strategic responsibilities, requiring a solid HR background in addition to sound retail and commercial exposure and mindset to successfully partner with and influence all areas of the business. The HRBP will be responsible to actively manage the setup of the new organization from recruitment, onboarding, setting up and implementing policies and processes. This role also supports continuously the business with recruitment, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, payroll, employee relations, and employee engagement.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Managing the set up & the launch of the new organization in KSA (recruitment, onboarding, induction)
- Work with the sales teams and HR shared service team to provide a well-designed process and support framework on all selection and hiring process (manage the briefing of the recruiters on the culture and profile needed; manage the selection and interviewing process along with the assessment centers)
- Manage the onboarding process for all new hires and probation period reviews and confirmations
HR Administration & Payroll
- Maintain all employee information and reporting in Mirai, ensuring all details is correct and up to date
- Develop and produce HR Analytics that provide actionable insight and identifying trends and opportunities
- Managing general administrative support to the business such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy and tracking timelines
- Coordinate with HR Shared Services to produce all standard variation to contract letters and coordinate changes with other stakeholders
- Day to day liaison with Group HR Service provider, and manage the full cycle on timely and accurate payroll processing with Group Payroll
- Challenge administrative processes as appropriate in order to implement more effective and creative solutions.
- Own the delivery of key people processes such as absence, probation, and employee surveys
- Ad hoc reports and analysis as requested and assist with a variety of project work as required.
- Escalate or respond to employee feedback to ensure local approaches motivate and develop employees to deliver high quality, customer-centered services.
- Be an active representative of the voice of People and provide guidance around HR polices, approaches,
- and Culture transformation.
- Implement brand specific employee onboarding, training, and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of employee's skills set and to raise awareness around behavioral, technical and leadership competencies.
- Providing timely, accurate and appropriate advice to managers and staff in relation to human resource management queries and issues
- Managing the recruitment and selection of staff, including conducting phones screens, supporting with the coordination of candidate meetings and communications, conducting reference checks and ensuring that new starter documentation is accurately prepared for both head office and retail positions, conduct HR interview with line manager.
- Managing the effective induction plan of new staff both at the head office level locally and internationally including new hire orientation, People system training
- Work with relevant HR colleagues in the wider HR team to ensure knowledge and best practice is shared
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that drive the people agenda and help the business perform
- Be responsible of the internal communication of all company important messages and information
TEAM Player - Fulfill other duties as required
- Pickup new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of your role
- Identify problems and offer solutions
- Demonstrate and promote our TRUST 8 principles
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department PEOPLE & CULTURE Role People Partner
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.