JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Job Title: Planning Engineer / Senior Planning Engineer
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Planning Engineer / Senior Planning Engineer to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team based on a large mixed use Development in Riyadh. The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes infrastructure enhancement works, as well as retail mall and hospitality new build and refurbishment elements. The team shall be expected to assist the client in any way possible to ensure the Development is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets. The project is expected to last for up to 3 years for Phase 1, with an option for Phase 2 lasting a further 2-3 years also.
- Ability to develop initial baseline schedules with little project information. This requires previous experience is hospitality / mix use development projects.
- Assist in the preparation and management of overview and strategic programmes, including design, procurement and construction schedules together with supporting information required schedules
- Include all project stages from initiations to completion in the baseline and identify stage gates accordingly.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation and development of master planning, engineering, procurement, and construction schedules together with associated information required schedules
- Establish and agree project reporting procedures, prepare and present monthly project progress.
- Develop project and programme dashboard templates to be used across the programme by designer and contractors.
- Review the schedules and related documents from the designers and contractors including monthly reports and analyse the content to ensure compliance with project objectives
- Review schedule trends to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action to management.
- Monitor actual progress against planned progress
- Monitor engineering design progress, material and equipment procurement and construction and commissioning status
- Prepare progress monitoring tools using earned value for the management and monitoring of the above mentioned schedules.
- Monitor progress both on and off site.
- Identify deviations (progress trends) in both construction and procurement progress and suggest possible courses of corrective action
- Working closely with the Project Controls Manager and Project Team to ensure that the 'programme' is feasible, complies with the Project Master Plan and contractual documents
- Interface on a daily basis with the designers, PMCs, main contractor sub contractors and internal management.
- Carry out studies into scheduling, manpower, cash flow, and material flow as needed
- Attend offsite meetings as requested by the client
- Review schedules for slippage of key dates
- Assist in the defence / approval of any claim for time extension or major change to the schedule
- Other duties as requested from time to time
- Ensuring that each Planning Engineer runs his or her section to the highest professional standards, that all information is current, and that every member of the team is receiving the information he or she needs to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain consistent and adequate administration procedures, in their field.
- These procedures will be followed across the project by the respective planners working under the Construction Managers.
- Participate with the project management team, as directed by the Project Director, to achieve project deliverables.
- Involve key stakeholder requirements and approvals in the baseline
- Issue high-level schedule weekly updates
- Identify and report main issues interfering with progress
- Identify and report on measures for improving schedule performance
- Establish Scheduling, reporting procedures, tools, templates, instruction, etc. to standardise the work across the programme.
- Monitor the timing of submittals against schedule requirements
- Develop and monitor programme KPIs
- You will be a recognised expert with a minimum of 10 years' experience as a Senior Planner/Scheduler / Planning Engineer;
- You will have considerable planning experience showing clear career progression in the planning field through working either client side or for a consultancy
- Successful applicants will have experience of working on high value, hospitality, and mix use development projects
- Proficiency in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Excel using advanced formulas is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is essential
- The successful planning engineer will be responsible for project planning in one of the following areas:
- Multi storey Residential / Commercial Buildings
- Large Mixed Use developments
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.