JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a global public relations agency poised and staffing for the needs of today. Through their 60+ year history, they have redefined the role of PR with best-in-class creative that has earned worldwide attention and awards.
They are seeking a media-savvy PR/Communications Manager (Saudi National) to join them. We call our media relations specialists CONNECTORS because they use their connections to earn attention for our clients. We’re looking for a Connector who can help shape stories to stand out among the thousands of pitches reporters receive every day. You’ll transform corporate milestones and data into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the press release. You’ll engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email, media events, and, yes, even a phone call or two.
Job Duties & Responsibilities in Details:
• Develop and nurture strong working relationships with national, regional, and trade media.
• Land meaningful coverage that drives broader awareness and stronger reputation of corporate clients through persuasive pitching and dynamic strategic execution
• Stay ahead of trends by identifying business and industry sector narratives, creating story opportunities from real-time news events
• Develop compelling, media-focused content including press releases, messaging documents, and pitches.
• Conduct extensive research to identify journalist targets, track competitor announcements, and stay ahead of relevant industry trends.
• Work daily with media across multiple channels, including email, social media, and phone.
• Recommend and track measurement KPIs for earned media and influencer efforts
• Conduct media monitoring.
• Participate in and present at client meetings.
• Collaborate with teams across multiple disciplines and successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges.
• Help manage a junior team by sharing real-time feedback, helping them reach their goals, and guiding their growth.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in PR or journalism, with 3-5 years of related experience
• Proven experience working with media and a strong portfolio of story placements
• Superior writing and editing skills that can communicate creatively and in an engaging manner
• Understanding of earned media strategy and experience contributing to media plans
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills
• Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team.
• Be detail-oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture
• Ability to work on multiple programs at once under tight deadlines.
• Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.