JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Works with Project Controls Manager or designee to define an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in accordance with the customer and project requirement.
- Prepare the Estimate Plan to establish the estimating methodology and cost estimating principles applicable to the estimate preparation.
- Review design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness and coordinate with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Supervise the collection, verification and integration of work scope into the cost estimate including labour rate derivation, installation rates, productivity analysis, and associated engineering and construction costs.
- Compare and analyse scope, quantities and cost data between projects. Benchmark estimates by carrying out validation and verification of previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices using high level norms and industry standards.
- Develop escalation model where required and assist with the development of owners cost.
- Coordinate identification of areas of risk in the compilation of cost estimates and evaluate appropriate levels of contingency. Where necessary perform Monte Carlo type risk analysis of costs estimates to determine contingency and accuracy levels.
- Ensure sound quality of cost estimates adhering to the WorleyParsons Cost Estimating review procedures at varying project phases. At a minimum, all developed cost estimates must be reviewed by the Lead Estimator or designee.
- Prepare and present cost estimating information to management/customer. This may include the development of Basis of Cost Estimate report.
- Provide supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
- Support development estimating standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates and maintain estimate and historical cost data.
- Assist with cost estimating input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results, critical path and recommended conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Review or assist in reviewing schedule/cost engineering and material control related provisions or proposals and develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Participates in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates.
- Define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives and procedures.
- Prepare cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
- Provide 'on the job' training (mentoring) for specific processes and practices to other Estimators.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Business Unit, etc
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Qualifications - Internal
- Practical experience in the Engineering and Construction industry, performing, reviewing small and large estimates.
- Previous background with schedule development, cost control and cost analysis referred, but not essential.
- Essential to be a team player.
- Excellent presentation skills, skilled in oral and written communication.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000 package and other third party software related to cost estimating, scheduling functions and cost control, i.e. @Risk, Primavera, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Needs to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise, direct, perform, review and present cost estimating information independently with minimum supervision using a high level of professional judgement and knowledge related to technical engineering design and construction practices
Engineering Degree or relevant years of experience
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.