JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
* Resolve specialty related fire protection engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Our client is a lading oil & gas engineering firm working with host of clients in Saudi Arabia
* Coordinates with Lead Fire Protection Engineers to ensure correct implementation of the project design and coordinates the work of engineers within his speciality.
* Prepares and reviews fire protection engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and materials and equipment specifications.
* Resolves specialty related fire protection engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
* Establishes scope of work for each project or proposal.
* Schedules and expedites work of department.
* Develops organizational procedures, methods and controls.
* Ensures quality and safety standards and procedures are followed.
* Ensures work is carried out in accordance with relevant codes, standards, and procedures.
* Ensures technical integrity of discipline deliverables produced on the project.
* Coordinates activities with other departments and clients.
* Determines the need for investigation and research.
* Participates in the development of long-range plans.
* Establishes project objectives and priorities.
* Provides expert advice on fire protection engineering design, process and other methods.
Lucrative compensation and an opportunity to work on large scale projects
* BS in Engineering and registered as a professional engineer with significant experience of 20 years.
* Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as specialist in fire protection engineering field on large to mega projects.
* Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards (NFPA, API, AWWA etc.), procedures, and specifications.
* Must have extensive design experience with water-based suppression systems, clean agent suppression systems, fire water pumps, fire water distribution systems, fire water storage tanks, foam suppression systems, hydrants
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.