JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Accountable to Controls Manager for timely and accurate input of data, thorough and accurate review and analysis of schedules, and timely and accurate document production.
- Provide oversight and review of the EPC contractor planning and scheduling including EPC contractors staffing plans, manpower histograms, project progress measurement, etc.
- Identify key schedule and progress issues to project and project controls management to allow timely corrective action.
- Knowledge of the Operating Procedures for Project Controls.
- Have knowledge of the scope of work for the project.
- Participate in Interactive Planning process.
- Develop the schedule for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and validation activities.
- Input or update activity data, logic, resources progress / expenditure information and review of activity durations and logic sequences on master schedule.
- Perform critical path analysis to identify potential problems early enough for the project team to react and correct the situation.
- Review staffing/resource forecasts based on input from project leads as compared to durations/staffing reflected in schedule.
- Review earned value analysis based on input from construction team and contractor, and compare to progress reflected in schedule.
- Support for cash flow development, reporting and analysis.
- Understand the information needed to complete each activity. This includes information supplied by lead from engineering, procurement, construction, clients and others. Assist in expediting that information.
- Assist and or lead effort in producing various plannfing and scheduling reports.
- Review change orders for schedule impact.
- Assist in providing schedule input to the monthly progress report.
- Support PMC in variations for time impact.
- Test contractor's construction plan/schedule for contract compliance, logical sequence, test schedule's integrity for logic links, resource loading and test critical path analysis/float analysis.
- On a monthly basis, evaluate schedule submission for status vs plan interims of resourcing and quantity and support payment prices as benchmark.
- Schedule variation impact and support variation negotiation with expected time delay (monitor against base line).
- Support the PMC team with schedule status information.
- Review look-ahead schedules and forecasts and ensure consistent with plan.
- Take all contractor schedule and integrate into master schedule.
- Industry relevant planning & scheduling experience in positions of successive authority and responsibility.
- Position requires experience with Scheduling software (Primavera Project Planner is preferred, P6 and above), spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Proficiency with scheduling principles and methods including: CPM scheduling techniques, Resource loading of schedules, Earned value.
- Must have working knowledge of design, procurement, and construction/field service work flow processes.
- Able to effectively communicate with project management, other project leads, and the client, as required. Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management.
- Able to identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management.
- Certifications of continuing education and training related to the project controls and planning/scheduling discipline.
- English fluency in reading, writing and speech
- Prior international secondment experience; KSA or other Middle East experience a plus
- Multi-project phases experience preferred
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.