JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking a Technical Safety (Process Safety) Engineer to join the Saudi Aramco Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within Saudi Aramco. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to Saudi Aramco operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all Saudi Aramco facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom.
Your primary role as a Technical Safety Engineer is to work with key stakeholder organizations to provide technical guidance on facility design requirements pertaining to fire prevention and process safety engineering areas, including but not limited to firewater systems, fireproofing, emergency shutdown systems, drainage systems, tank designs, electrical classifications, pipeline design factors, equipment access and layout, spacing, risk areas
Duties and Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will have the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience to:
• Provide technical guidance and develop procedures for all company organizations on fire prevention and process safety engineering in facilities design and related operational requirements, including company and international standards (e.g., NFPA, API).
• Review all new projects to ensure conformance to company and international engineering standards; represent LP at project proposal meetings, and provide continuing guidance through design, construction, and commissioning.
• Provide company-wide technical guidance and assistance during design-related surveys of Aramco facilities for adequacy of design, operations and maintenance.
• Analyze fires and process safety incidents both in the industry and at Saudi Aramco to determine causes and whether company standards or other requirements require update or changes, or whether other remedial measures should be considered.
• Initiate and participate in studies to resolve specific problems outside currently available technology.
• Develop training programs in the field of process safety and fire prevention engineering and provide training assistance as required.
• Use risk analysis techniques to identify corporate risk exposure and develop cost-effective solutions.
• Assist in surveys of Saudi Aramco operations by insurance, Government, and other outside agencies, and act as the Company expert on fire prevention engineering standard requirements.
• Mentor other LP personnel.
• Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or fire protection engineering
• 10 years of relevant industry experience in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, or related industries, five of which focused on addressing technical safety and fire prevention engineering issues
• Professional Engineering licensing/certification/registration in Fire Protection Engineering, or an advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Have an excellent ability to communicate in English with peers as well as members of management and be able to produce clear and concise oral and written reports in English.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’re a leading producer of the energy and chemicals that drive global commerce and enhance the daily lives of people around the globe by continuing delivering an uninterrupted supply of energy to the world.
Our resilience and agility has built one of the world’s largest integrated energy and chemicals companies. And we are part of the global effort toward building a low carbon economy.